Just Botox after all

My journey

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just Botox after all

Postby Hopefull123 » 09 Apr 2018, 14:14

That's true, you are treating symptoms. Unfortunately botox is not doing it's job to fix the muscles pressure, so until maybe the second dose and fissurectomy hopefully the fissure will start healing and things will get sorted out. But until then I think there is no other option but to take higher dose for a week or so of the month.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 09 Apr 2018, 14:37

Yea I agree my fissure has been a bit better over the last week or so not wanting this time of month to bugger it up I'm booked to see another surgeon in 4 months hopefully it doesn't become longer then that like it did last time but I guess it gives me time to think about it an I'm interested in what the next surgeon will say I am really thinking about paying for a private consultation an ask them whats the best way to sort this if I pay I can get the best of the best it mite cost me $300 NZD but that's not much compared to paying out of pocket for lis or even botox
Last edited by missy moo on 10 Apr 2018, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 09 Apr 2018, 14:52

Also I've just noticed while putting my Zink cream on the fissure after bms the muscle is still tight not as tight as before Botox but still it takes time an care to get an index finger in my fissure is long so I need to get the cream right in there not just outside I can feel the length of the fissure anyway the muscle isn't pulsating like before Botox? So the Botox has lossened the muscle a little bit an taken about the spasms? This explains why Botox has made the fissure more manageable
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 23 Apr 2018, 14:44

Just reporting back for anyone who's watching my Botox journey or sees this in future, so it's been 10 weeks since I had Botox I only had Botox no fissurectomy/clean up of the fissure an so my muscle still has a hard time stretching I'm still met with resistance when I put Zink cream on after my bm this morning I had a misshapened bm at the start still soft an smooth but just an odd shape which caused no pain but the fissure bleed a bit I haven't seen blood in weeks so this was disheartening one good thing about Botox is it has taken away my spasms an pain both during the day pain an during bm pain which is amazing but I feel like for me anyway Botox is just a holiday not a life change I think I'll be getting lis at some stage I'm currently waiting my appointment to catch up with a surgeon an see what the next move is but I still don't know my appointment date waiting on NHS is the worst part of having a fissure!!
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 21 May 2018, 14:36

So I'm now 14 weeks post botox an now I'm starting to get the odd uncomfortable bm aswell as still seeing blood on bms so I think the Botox mite be starting to wear off. I still don't know my appointment date the waiting is frustrating. My advice to anyone who has had a fissure for less then a year try Botox but for anyone who's had one long term just go straight to LIS put yourself out of this suffering.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby PreggoAF » 21 May 2018, 14:56

Ugh, sorry Missy. I hope you can get the LIS soon and get this thing fixed. I’m still uncomfortable down there too and having issues with hemorrhoids from possibly having too loose BMs. Hoping the best for both of us!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby missy moo » 21 May 2018, 16:37

Thanks im ready to think about something else fissures take up so much of our minds time! Good luck to you too x
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 08 Jul 2018, 16:57

My life has improved since Botox 5 months ago but the problem isn't 100% fixed but if your scared of having surgery and or not ready for it try Botox no harm in it an it's made life easier for me but I still may in future get lis. I'll try update this page if I end up with lis good luck to all.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 12 Jul 2018, 14:58

I've seen a surgeon who is really great he said he's going to sort this out for me he's giving me more Botox an said if later I still need lis he will be doing it im just waiting for the Botox date. Will update in a bit.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Safsaf » 02 Aug 2018, 06:06

That's great missy moo. Hope all works out for u
Safsaf