Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Don't know and don't want to ask

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Postby jx108 » 22 Jan 2022, 11:35

Hi all, aware that this thread has now been dormant for 5 years, but it's the best I've been able to find online so am reviving.

I'm a 30 year old gay man, and I'm concerned about what my fistulotomy scar is going to look like when fully healed.

I had the second half of a fistulotomy in October 2021 (3 months ago), this was the first surgery to actually go through my hole. Before that I had three other surgeries for cysts/fistulas in my perineum area in Jul 2017, Oct 2019 and Dec 2019, so this was my fourth surgery.

I've tried to google, but I can't find any pictures of a 'fully healed' fistulotomy scar. I'm really nervous that the scar is going to look awful/be very obvious, meaning I won't want ever want any guy to see it. After not having been able to bottom for over two years due to having a seton in place, I was really looking forward to being able to return to a normal sex life (and be vers), but this is now really putting a downer on that.
1) Has anyone fully healed from a fistulotomy, and can they tell me what their scar is like?
2) Does anyone know where I can see any photos of a healed scar?

Thanks,
J
jx108

Re: Gay - Anal sex after fistula surgery

Postby athleteovercomer » 13 Jan 2023, 11:34

Hi jx108,

I’m having the exact same questions. Have you found any answers? How did your surgery go?

Hoping this finds you well!
athleteovercomer