Good luck BG and Fis

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Good luck BG and Fis

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Dec 2007, 23:35

Heeeeeey my Sis : ))), <3 <3 <3
So happy to hear from you XOXOOOoooooo How is your little bum doing ? !? I hope that it is getting better and that pain is bearable : (((. I had hard time tracing posts unless they are under topic where I am already "rumbling" so I might miss that info. Today I discovered that I can go "by looking under user name posts" - sorry for being such a "computerly challenged" dork : (.
Thank you for praying for me tomorrow, means a lot !!! On top of everything my period was "coming" for days and CAME FULL FORCE TONIGHT !!! I called them and asked - they said not to worry , I don't, I just think it would be very hard to have sits-baths post op with that going on : (((. Not to mention extra cramping and pain of that kind on top of my incision site - and how am I suppose to keep my wound dry and clean now ????
But, you know what, I didn't want to cancel - what the heck - how worse it can get for me , ha ha ha, maybe having 7.3 earthquake while on the table with my butt high in the air ??? Oh well, I will be "zoned out" anyway ; ))).
I will try to get some zeeeez tonight, although I doubt it... I will write as soon as I come home !
LU my bum- buddy :truebud:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 11:54

Good luck to both of you, hope I haven't missed you! xx

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 12:58

I said a prayer for you this morning and have been throughout the day.
That's too bad about your period but might as well get them both over the same week. I got mine after I got my bootie burned. Hardly noticed it with all the other pain anyway.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Bootie Best Friends Forever!!! :>?:

Postby buttgirl » 20 Dec 2007, 14:06

Well. I;m back. It was horrible! Not only did the dr. not see the little fistula thing I was talking about (I know it's there I check last night) he jammed an large anoscope up my butt. When I screamed and swore and yelled "you tore me open," he responded "no I didn't, it was like that." this is the same guy who refused to believe that my fissure was infected until it developed into an abscess. I HATE KAISER!!!!
After the exam, he told me I have a giant fissure and then tried to explain what a sentinel pile was. I looked at him and told him I was well verse in this stuff, as HE knows, becuase I have been dealing with rear isses for 2 years now. (God life sucks! weep weep.) He said that the fissure was 1 1/2 cm long and about 1/4 inch wide. I think this was partly the scar he was talking about, but I can feel rawness where he ripped me open again. I haven't been sore there in a month. (weep weep weep again)
I am in the process of filing a formal complaint and possibly suing for malpractice. I will let you know how everything goes.
I'm not in too much pain right now, but I do I feel raw and abused. I have been set back what feels llike three months. But I think the worst part is that I am doubting if what I thought was the scar was actually a scar. What if it is a giant fissure? The dr. said he saw the muscle. I am afraid.
I just want to heal. I am so tired of being in pain . I dread tomorrow's bm.
Hope you are doing better than me, Fiss
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 20 Dec 2007, 15:24

buttgirl, i'm sorry you had such a horrible experience!!! sometimes i feel like we know more than the stupid dr's anyway. i mean, they don't sit around researching fissures all day and WE DO! i know my dr has been too rough in the past and refused to acknowledge that he might be doing more damage to the fissure. i hope you didn't get set back too far! take extra care the next few days. thank god for MOM and warm baths Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 15:35

That is just terrible. So, he is basically saying that the abcess is a sentinel pile? You would think he would take your word for it since he misdiagnosed you the first time. I think you should file a complaint. That is just ridiculous that he is the Kaiser CRS. I mean, they ought to be able to do better than that. Are you still thinking of changing your insurance plan next month? I know it is more expensive probably but if you can get a PPO plan at least you can shop around for the right doctor.

So, what does he say you should do about the fissure? Is it the same one you have been trying to heal? Is he the guy that did the botox? Do you ever think you might just do the surgery?

Gosh, I am so sorry for your pain and the way you were treated. I am becoming more and more disenchanted with doctors (if that is possible). I have become such a sceptic that I have to second guess everything they say and do.

I wish there was something that I could say to make it go away and make you feel better. Don't be afraid to treat the pain while we come up with a game plan for you.

Postby buttgirl » 20 Dec 2007, 16:17

Thanks guys.
all the fiddling around down there today made me have to poo again already. It didn't hurt too bad, surprisingly. I am sore where I haven't been sore ina long time though. God this is depressing. and scary.
This guy is the cheif of general surgery. he's not a CRS. You'd think he'd listen, but he's one of the Yale grad who thinks he knows everything. I certainly hope that what I have been thinking is the scar is not actually a fissure. That would be horrible to still have this thing not healed over.
I have changed my insurance, but I have to wiat until the beginning of the year for it to become active. I am paying more, but I figure it might be worth it. It certainly couldn;t be worse.
I seriously can't believe he jammed that thing up there and then told me the re-tear I felt him cause was there already.
I am really at a loss for what to do. i definitely don't want to live the rest of my life at the mercy of my ass.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 18:17

I really wish you could see a CRS. Unless you have seen these things enough, they can look the same to the untrained eye. I think if the scar were really a fissure it would be hurting you way more than it has been.

I know how depressing it can be. I am sorry he made things worse. I wonder about doctors like that. I have had CRSs be so rough that I thought they were trying to teach me a lesson.

When your new insurance kicks in we need to get you in on the 2nd of Jan. and see about this.

Postby buttgirl » 21 Dec 2007, 11:00

Thanks Lecia.
I really appreaciate it.
Kaiser would not get me into my CRS there on such short notice. I really wanted to see someone so I could get off these antibiotics and get the mini-fist taken care of. It would have been really, really simple. No scope needed
Now I am retore, with a mini-fist. I can't believe the guy didn't take my word for it after the hell he put me through last year. Did I forget to mention he's also the one who wouldn't believe I had an abcess until it burst??
I didn't have too much pain the morning with bm, but had this scraping feeling and know I have been set back a couple of months. I need to put this dr on the "who do you wish would get a fissure" list.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Dec 2007, 11:16

Sorry to hear that Chris. So you are still at square one? Well, there is still hope that when you *do* actually see the CRS something might actually get done!?!
What a crappy way to start the holidays! I'd bring you a beer if I could! maybe even six or twelve!
Deleted User 5