Had my follow up today

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Had my follow up today

Postby Pherianne » 03 Jun 2019, 18:08

Today I had my first follow up with my CrS after my surgery.

He told me today that during my surgery he decided not to do the LIS. He didn’t do it because he didn’t feel I’d had enough time to consider the long term issues I may have and he felt there was a chance that I could heal and be free of this without it.

Which I guess is good news because he said in two months if I wanted he would do it. He said I may wish to see if this heals and I have a recurrence in the future and do it then.

He doesn’t think the first round of Botox was enough and he wants to do it again on one months time. :groan:

He doesn’t think I’m swollen down there. He thinks it’s spasms.

He prescribed me lidocaine solution in tubes to “inject” up my bum before I have a BM. He thinks it will help me cope.

He said my fissure is healing and I didn’t get a new one from what he can see. He thinks that what I’m feeling is irritation from cleaning myself or a nick but not a full blown fissure like I’m dealing with.

I have a follow up in one month.
Pherianne
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Had my follow up today

Postby hurtinend » 03 Jun 2019, 18:45

Hang in there

I learned last week, that here in Canada, a surgeons number one mandate is called "Do No Harm"...in other words when all factors are considered, surgery should be the last option.

Your diagnosis and approach from the doctor sounds proper and reasonable.

I wish you well.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52