Have a question on dilation.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Have a question on dilation.

Postby suzyljank » 02 Jun 2013, 10:36

I'm 5 weeks post op from double advancement flap surgery. I just started dilation at home. My CRS wants me to use a 19mm dilator once a day for 4 weeks. I started with the 17mm with no problem, yesterday I moved to the 18mm it was more difficult, used the 18mm again today but it took a long time. I don't think I'm going to be getting to the 19mm really soon. Is there any position to be in to make this easier. I'm lying on my side but it's not that easy this way. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Re: Have a question on dilation.

Postby Savaici » 02 Jun 2013, 16:29

Hi Suzy,
I have actually stopped dilating for a while, but when I was doing it, I was leaning forward on the bed and inserting it that way. Of all the positions I tried, this was the easiest for me.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Have a question on dilation.

Postby suzyljank » 03 Jun 2013, 10:18

Thank you. I tried your technique this morning and was able to use the 18 mm dilator. I just have one more size to get to. I just couldn't manage lying on my side. I found it difficult to even reach around that way. It's so nice to be able to ask a question and get some help. I was so mad at myself yesterday when I couldn't do what I was supposed to so thanks again. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic