Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello fellow suffers...new to the forum

Postby buttgirl » 29 May 2008, 09:52

hey BA. Welcome! I hope you get good news from your CRS.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 29 May 2008, 13:25

Hi there,

sorry you're suffering. Good luck with your appointment
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 May 2008, 13:57

Bad asses can be tamed, but they are quite wild beasts and require much patience and lots of "hunting!" Good luck!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 May 2008, 22:32

Hi everyone and thanks for the kind words they ease the pain. Better day today. I have tried the creams and didnt have much luck (analpram)
Ive been using the whole leaf aloe vera gel after sitz baths (you have to keep it in the fridge so the cool is a nice quick, albiet, short relief.) and seem to be making progress. The fight continues... hope everyone is having better days!

Postby Guest » 30 May 2008, 07:34

Glad you are having a better day. I haven't really seen any good evidence that analpram helps too much in the fissure department. Did your doc say why he prescribed it and what it should do?

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 09:28

Hello everyone. Just got back from my CRS appointment. No good news. Dr. recommends surgery. LIS, Hemorridectomy and Fissurectomy. No healing of my very deep, long, midline posterior AF and Hemorroides. Needless to say Im completely bummed out as I had hoped I was making progress. Ive scheduled the surgery but I not sure I want to go through with it. My Dr is Board certified and has been doing this for 30 years. In his opinion nitro, botox, etc would not be effective for my collection of problems. June 16th is the day. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. I will be seeking a second opinion. Thanks

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 09:34

BA,
I don't know where you live, but I think your idea of a getting a second opinion is a great one.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jun 2008, 09:57

BA,
I would have gone for LIS sooner if I trusted my first CRS to do it right. I didn't and so I had to wait 2 years. I say if your CRS is a good one, then you'll be much happier after gettingit done. The trick really is to get a good CRS, someone who knows jsut how much to cut. My CRS like all did say incontinence was a possible side effect, but he has never had a case of it. I have not experienced any incontinence. In fact, I wish he had cut a bit more for me. it would have been easier to heal.
You might questions the hemmieectomy. I haed a mild one and my CRS did not think it necessary to do a hemmiectomy because there have been a few studies that show hemmies to clear up with LIS. Mine now looks gone, but I can feel it there a little bit after sitting all day.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2008, 10:05

Unless you are at risk for some reason, you need to go ahead and get it done, and set aside at least a week and a half to lie around and recover. I waited seven months and well, while I am glad I got it done when I did, sooner would have been better than later. I have been living a normal life ever since!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 10:18

I have always wanted to check out the naturapaths' hemrroid clinic in Oregon, but most regular/mainstream MD's frown upon naturapath docs. Personally I don't think that Western medicine has all of the answers. For example, I continue to read about the various benefits of acupuncture (which I have had performed by my chiropractor) for more and more conditions. Just my opinion.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46