hi, and thanks for listening...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hi, and thanks for listening...

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2007, 10:56

hi all, great picture Lecia!
I shall keep you informed about the Tramadol and Amitryptilene, early days yet i suppose, but any improvement would be a bonus- physically AND mentally!!
Just off for my bath routine (yawn)....
Take care everyone x

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2007, 11:35

Hi all, just a quick update on my Tramadol and Amitryptilene, have been using them for two weeks now. I don't know what the Amytryp supposed to do, i was told it was used more for pain relief nowadays, than depression.. but hey! if it does anything either way it will be a help! Amitryp is only 10mg though, which seems pretty low dosage? Anyone on higher mg??
The Tramadol at first made me very dizzy (after taking two) and very "spaced put" which focused my mind on that strange feeling , rather than the pain (Clever, huh)? the second time i took them i was at work, and i felt very weird and fuzzy headed. Having said all that, they have dulled the pain, from very sharp (especially after BM) to just about bearable. I am taking 6 a day on average, my biggest worry is the constipation side effect. I hate takin laxatives, i eat loads of bran, fibre and fruit, but its still very hard to gao, and yes, i do strain, in desperation to get it out (sorry to be graphic), then i immediately take tramadol cos i know the pain will be searing. Only other side effect i have with tramadol is very dry mouth.
I have an appointment to see CRS on 29th nov, i try to hold it together but as soon as i get to talk to a "proffessional" i sort of fall to pieces and because of this i feel thay think im being dramatic, but its so bloody exhausting going through it all again, especially if its someone new.
Love to you all, speak again soon x[/b]

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2007, 13:21

Hi there,
You are right the Elavil is an old anti-depressant which is not really prescribed for that purpose anymore as there are better options but it is supposed to help with chronic and nerve pain and sleep. I take 10 mg at night every other night. I don't know if it works for pain but it does help me to sleep. The dosing is usually 10-30 mgs a night.
The ultram makes me too zoney when I take 2 at a time. I usually stick to one in the morning if I take it. I am glad though that your doctor is treating your pain. I know many don't and pat you on the head and say it will get better.
I understand about getting emotional and being set off easily at the doctor's. You would think I would be used to telling my story as I have done so many times but I have felt often a lack of understanding or depth of understanding and the insinuation that it can't be all that bad.
Hugs to you and good luck with your appointment!
Lecia