Hi I'm new.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi I'm new.

Postby Bluecat » 08 Jan 2022, 11:56

Hi,
I'm a 36 year old female. Was in great health. Had pnemonia and needed antibiotics. Got constipated after and couldn't poo for six days. Needed an enema. Enema caused an explosion lol.... Days after my bum was weak. My muscles didn't work well and pooping was hard. It also hurt. I thought I had a hemmeroid. It only hurt during a poop but not after so I tried hemorrhoid cream. Two or three weeks go by and i start pooping with the normal sting. (Totally manageable). Notice a bump outside my anus. Thought it was the hemmroid. Some bright blood on toilet paper each time.

Then all of a sudden, I'd poop and like an hour later I'd get the glass, stabbing, pins and needles feeling for HOURS. I think the longest was six or seven hours. Suffered for two weeks because that's how long it took to get a doc appt.

Went to doc last week and she said it's a fissure. With a skin tag.

If I only had one poo a day, I think I could heal it as it's okay in the morning. But I have two to three poops a day and that muat aggravate the fissure and create the horrible spasms.

I currently eat:
Yogurt and granola breakfast
Carrot and humus snack
Apple, bran muffin and pear lunch (or pineapple instead of pear. Or kiwi instead )
Oatmeal with tablespoon PB snack
1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower (sometimes in a wrap, sometimes with mashed potatoes) for dinner
Evening snack is nothing or sometimes cucumber or apple slices or half a homemade oatmeal/date cookie.
9 glasses of water.

I can't cut much from my diet because I'm only getting about 1100 to 1200 calories a day. I'm slowly trying to add more calories as per my doc but it takes time as I'm scared of new foods and what they'll do. I also have fibre dialed in to what I need. And I take a solace stool softener at night.

My poops are great.
Soft. About the width of a smokey hotdog. A PERFECT poop for a normal person but I wish they were a smidge thinner. I have been trying more soluble fibre to see if this helps them be thinner.

My doctor didn't give me any creams. I have a follow up with her in a few weeks.

Thanks for reading.

My goal is to poop once a day only but I don't know how or if possible.
Slowly increase calories
A slightly thinner poo would be nice.......
Bluecat
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: Hi I'm new.

Postby MrAndersonC » 04 Feb 2022, 16:01

Hello. Sorry I noticed noone else, has replied to you yet and I feel bad. I just signed up today btw for my issues but have been reading these forums for months. I suggest posting in a couple of the other topic forums too and I bet you'll get a response if that's allowed. See for melt issue is more broad so it applies to a few different forum topics so when I do decide to post I'll prob post a couple of them. I'm male and I have had some of the lingering effects like you did. Recommend your doc giving you diltiazem cream and also a decent stool softener just in case that also helps with potential future constipation like Restoralax. If you take it even every second day you'll be guaranteed to have good poos and not a bunch in one day normally. I take my Restoralax at night before bed btw
MrAndersonC