Hi Im new

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi Im new

Postby Guest » 11 Dec 2009, 05:01

Hi All. Im Lisa 35 from the UK, have been watching this board for a while but wasnt sure to join but now Im glad I have.
Ive suffered from anal fissures for the last 2 and a half years. First I tried over the counter creams, then had gtn cream from my surgeon. In 2007 I had botox injections, last year I had lateral sphincterotomy and now after 14 months I have another painful fissure and had another botox surgery two days ago.
I hope to learn a lot from you all about living with anal fissures and your experiences as I cannot have another lateral sphincterotomy because Im too young and there are only so many botox treatments a person is able to have.
Look forward to using the board and meetin you all :) Lisa x

Re: Hi Im new

Postby derryboy » 11 Dec 2009, 05:35

welcome aboard lisa. this forum is the best there is. everyone is very nice and you gt heaps of advice,
also theres time of laughter. so all in all youve found the rite site.
try this link it leads you to a page on these here boards, its full of great info about everything from dealing with AF,diets, surgery etc
http://anal-fissure.org/general-anal-fissure-discussion-f2/i-have-an-af-what-should-i-know-t1849.htm?sid=92e858a5a13ac94d99b991584e7f0e93
again welcome and hope you find useful info that relates to your problems on this forum
dazzy
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby Del » 11 Dec 2009, 06:48

Hi Lisa,
Like you I'm a newbie and have already found the forum to be very helpful.
Hopefully some of the knowledgable guys and gals on here can help you with your fissure problems.
If not it is a little helpful to know you are'nt the only poor sod to be suffering this blasted agony.
Del
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby cherylk » 11 Dec 2009, 07:37

Lisa,
I wanted to say welcome.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 11 Dec 2009, 10:56

Thanks for the lovely welcome guys :D Its great to have somewhere where we can discuss this horrible pain in the ass problem, literally! Thanks Derryboy for the link Image

Postby juney » 11 Dec 2009, 17:10

i don't know why you think you're too young to have another LIS?
i'm 27 and have had 2 LIS surgeries already (1 surgery at 24 and the other at 25). shortly after i turned 26 i had a fissurectomy/fistulotomy, and just two months ago (at 27) i had botox shots. i plan to have a 2nd round of botox in january.
i notice that you're 35 and that's 10 years older than i was when i had my first one and at that time nobody told me they couldn't do a second. i know a few people on fissure forums who've had 3 LIS...and we've definitely had a boardie who had botox 3-4 times. whoever told you you're "too young" to have 2 LIS is wrong...unless you have underlying problems or have had several children.
please don't rule out your options based on one dr's opinion.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 12 Dec 2009, 10:37

juney wrote:i don't know why you think you're too young to have another LIS?
i'm 27 and have had 2 LIS surgeries already (1 surgery at 24 and the other at 25). shortly after i turned 26 i had a fissurectomy/fistulotomy, and just two months ago (at 27) i had botox shots. i plan to have a 2nd round of botox in january.
i notice that you're 35 and that's 10 years older than i was when i had my first one and at that time nobody told me they couldn't do a second. i know a few people on fissure forums who've had 3 LIS...and we've definitely had a boardie who had botox 3-4 times. whoever told you you're "too young" to have 2 LIS is wrong...unless you have underlying problems or have had several children.
please don't rule out your options based on one dr's opinion.

It was what my surgeon told me in the clinic. I work with her as Im a theatre nurse, and she said there is a high risk of incontinence with more than one LIS, so it was her suggestion I try another botox instead of using cream all the time, and if it doesnt work il further investigate if need be with someone else but Im 3 days post op today and already am a lot more comforatable, the fissure is still there obviously but its not as painful as it was so what a relief even if it will be short lived. No Ive not had any children Juney x

Postby juney » 12 Dec 2009, 16:43

i'm glad you're already feeling better already! by "botox surgery" do you just mean shots of botox? i walked in and out of my drs office within 20 min of botox and went to work right after. i didn't consider it a surgery but i know some drs do it differently.
just a note regarding incontinence....despite multiple anal surgeries, botox shots, long-term use of cream & laxatives, and chronic fissure problems for 3 1/2 years, i've had no incontinence issues whatsoever. fingers crossed i never will. LOL.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36