Hi, New to the blog..In so much pain can barely think...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi, New to the blog..In so much pain can barely think...

Postby mzt » 14 Apr 2016, 09:00

Hello ...In so much pain...

Have been through 2 eposodes about 1 year apart. Lots of good advice on this blog such as taking something like Mta Mucil ("MM"). Don't know about laxatives. Also keep guard for infections. I used to wash rather than wipe. Used Hypo Allergenic soap. Then, grit your teeth, I applied some of that common hand sanitizer. You know the stuff. Can sting like hell if there is a wound BUT it won't if there is no wound. I found there was no wound. The fissures in both cases had healed but the pain continued from muscle spasms. The cleaner is harmless and painless if there is no wound and does 2 things. It keeps any wound clean if there is a wound and it tells you if there really is a wound.

First fissure 2 years ago. Determined there was no wound but pain continued. After months of pain I tried some Tramcet. It is usually prescribed for pain but also useful for muscle spasms. Worked great. Problem soved.

Second fissure about a year later led to same sequence of events but this time Tramacet did not help. Don't know why. Wound was healed but spasms continued. Saw 4 different GI. Last one tried Diltiazem "off label" in tablet form. 120mg once a day. That did the trick.

Been OK just over a year now. I use MM every day.

Good luck.
mzt

Topics: 1