Home from the hospital, sugery done

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Home from the hospital, sugery done

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 16:41

Got back from the hospital a few hours ago and the surgery is done. I will post more later but I am feeling good and glad it is over.
i feel some discomfort and just took a tylenol with codeine. Already did a sitz bath but couldn't feel much, still numbed up. I have a little bleeding on the pad they are having me wear but not bad, certainly not a scary amount at all. So, i'm feeling good and very hopeful.
The nurse doesn't want me to eat any gas causing food for about a week- all the things I usually eat!!! (beans, broccoli, apples, etc...)
I'm eating jello and broth, and plan to take some metamucil and stool softeners later this evening.
Thanks for all your support, will keep you posted and give more of an update when i am not groggy

Re: Home from the hospital, sugery done

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 16:45

:cheer:Yea, Suzy! So glad to hear you are back safe and sound! It sounds like Monkeybutt is right behind you with his surgery scheduled on Wednesday.
You'll have to give us more details when you are up to it. That is exciting-thanks for taking the time and effort to let us know you are doing okay!
We'll chat soon,
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Apr 2007, 17:42

I think your nurse was farsighted in having you avoid gas-inducing foods. Gas incontinence is a real scare for some right after surgery, but if you have some in the next few days, please don't fret! You may also have some leakage. In fact, be forgiving of *any* accidents that occur over the next 2-3 days. That way, you won't be worrying over nothing. Your sphincter needs to readjust to it's new condition. It will!
Your rear-end will feel quite weird even when that dull achiness begins to subside. For about two weeks it will probably feel like there's a small leather pad up there -- something like that. It will eventually subside.
Avoid anything that may constipate you. Feel free to keep us posted on your first BM, if you want!
I am so proud of you! You did it! Keep us posted... we'll be here if you need any answers (if we can answer it, that is!).
Now, get some REST!!!
Look out life, here I come again...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2007, 18:37

Thanks you two! I'm so glad it is over- i just took a long nap and it felt great.
Will keep resting!