Houston, we have a problem

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Houston, we have a problem

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007, 19:47

hey how have u been since? is it any better now? dairy really doesnt agree with me either and i know what u mean -i miss chocolate soooooooooooo much.lol.
xx

Postby small_flower » 26 Feb 2007, 20:28

Things have actually mellowed out since I stopped the stool softener and I've been avoiding milk. Although...i did have a milkshake at mcdonalds today (mcdonalds...i know...its bad...i only get it once in a blue moon, i promise) and it didnt seem to bother me, but Im not really sure they use actual milk in their milk shakes? I think they use ice milk or something...I dont know...anyways
Ive been eating high fiber and taking one stool softener at night, and it seems to be fine. My only problem now is some itching which I am trying not to give in to. Its not really bad at all, its just annoying. I see my surgeon on friday for a follow up!
:cheer:
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby happyass » 26 Feb 2007, 20:35

for itching, are you blow drying?
you may have ani puritis (spelling) and it can be resolved by keeping the area down there dry and not irritated with soaps, perfumes, or witch hazel :no:
you can create a thin thin "maxi-pad" like thing to put between your butt cheeks to absorb any sweat/moisture.
also, as hugh has mentioned, a nice baby talc to keep it dry yet soft.
i notice that itching happens when a tiny tiny bit of moisture gets in!!!!!
frustrating!!!!
and great if you can give up dairy!!!!! slowly but surely....i finally found a wonderful cheese made out of tofu. it's wonderful. i can't wait to make a vegetarian/macrobiotic friendly lasagna.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74