How Am I Meant To Recover with A Bored 2 Year Old

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

How Am I Meant To Recover with A Bored 2 Year Old

Postby Peachy724 » 16 Sep 2009, 08:47

Today i was on my own with Jaz till her Granny took her to nursery for me (she is only in Mon,Tue full day and Wed afternoon as when i am working those are my hours) but i was in a state this morning, she wouldnt, as usual, do anything i asked or told her, she is into everything and has a habit of ignoring me, im sure this is normal but i get very stressed, i had to go for a BM and she followed me there (its hard to leave her alone aswell as anything could happen) but she was into all the soaps and such then threw a box of 200 cotton buds over the floor and i lost it, i screamed at her to get out and into her room, the poormite didn't know what hit her (i didnt physically hit her by the way!lol) as although i shout i have never been so upset as i was also trying not to cause myself pain , did not want her to see me showering myself down after or stick cream up my bum either, i mean come on two year olds will say anything to anybody and she is a very good talker. Anyway after done i was in alot of pain again where as i havent been since the op so i gave her a big cuddle and tried to explain why she needs to help me (ive been doing this since i got home but short term memory is no the word here!) then i took her to my bed to try and get her back to sleep so i could which is not fair but i was so sore and i will never recover if i dont rest but i burst into tears and she kept cuddling me and telling me "don't cwy mummy" , which of course made me cry more. Finally he fell asleep and me too and when we woke her granny was there but i CANT do it on my own and she is not in nursery tomorrow or Friday, my husband is at work all day, my mum lives in Perth and is on night shifts just now and hubbys mum actually has a 3 and 6 year old, my niece and nephew as they were taken away from their mum and dad as they are addicts so i cant keep asking her to help with jaz. I am never going to recover from this and im now starting to wonder if the op has worked, and to top it off i have a really gurgling sore tummy. What a moan but i dont know what to do, oh and i have no friends to look after her after as i have been abandoned since i went off work ill, times like these show you who are your true friends, mmmmmm seems i have none :( Image
Forgot to ad, i as maybe a few other have a pile or two due to my little angel and because its all relaxed there now and swelling what would you put on it to stop it drying out , i was thinking of a healing cream but dont know what, ive been using vit e cream today and sometimes Palmers Cocoa butter with Vit E, just doesn't feel right using such a lovely body cream up me ass. Still using the ditiazem or GTN at night and morning inside but should i be complimenting them.
And NG hows it going, you getting fed up waiting? xxxxxxxxxxxxx Image
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: How Am I Meant To Recover with A Bored 2 Year Old

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Sep 2009, 10:30

Jackie...sounds hard I know! Just take it one thing at the time, one moment at the time and try to smile, change your attitude and don't let yourself get so uptight, it only makes things worse.
Yes you ARE going to recover!!! And we are your friends, we just can't babysit but we would if we could!
Deleted User 5

Postby Peachy724 » 16 Sep 2009, 10:45

i know kim, i am trying so hard to be posiive which is tough for me. xx
Oh whats your address again, ill just sent jaz i the post!!!!!! hahahahahah Image
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2009, 12:19

I feel for you Jackie Image
Toddlers are very demanding that and fissure combined Image
I remember once i asked my neighbour to watch my DD as i needed to poop i was so uptight, i suppose that was that was the start of my butt problems/IBS Image
Dont be hard on yourself Ok Image try to keep calm..
Does Jaz like peppa pig ????

Postby Peachy724 » 16 Sep 2009, 13:05

Thanks Tabby, she does like Peppa Pig, Dora, Fifi mostly Cbeebies which is on all the time.
why do you ask?
xxxxxxxxxxx
Peachy724
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Sep 2009, 13:05

Jackie, My address is
1500 Baby Carriage Ave
Dirty Diapers, Ga
:)
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 Sep 2009, 13:16

Ha I ask because Peppa pig rocks ! I didn’t know if Jaz was too young for Peppa !
My friends toddler is mad for Peppa !
My girl liked Barney, So did I Image

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2009, 08:33

Hi Peachy,

Just wanted to say I know what you are feeling. My son was 2 when my fissure/LIS hit so it was very difficult on me. He always wanted me to pick him up, wrestle, etc, all of the things we did pre-fissure. It will be ok! Put some good movies on!

By the way, my son caught me putting stuff on my butt!! LOL. He's like "mommy whatcha doin' to your butt?"" I was like "um, mommy is making sure its clean!"

Postby busymom » 17 Sep 2009, 11:22

Everything's harder with a 2 year old! LOL Peachy, I can relate because my problems started when I had kids, so I know the frustration. It's hard to have patience when the pain is so all-consuming. It seems when I pray for more patience with my kids, they do more to make me impatient and then I really have to work at developing that patience! Hang in there - it WILL get easier - with her and with your health.
And I thought MacyMae's answer to her little one who saw her in the bathroom that she was just making sure she was clean was perfect - that will help when potty-training because heaven knows that they either use no tp or a whole roll! :D
Try to use her time at preschool to rest & do nothing else. I used to try and get too much done and then when my kids returned home I was tired, sore and cranky. It works better to rest and then try and work together to get things done. Easier said than done with a 2 year old, but it will work eventually. As for friends, it definitely can seem like everyone has it all together and disappears when you need help. Just take it one hour, one day, one week at a time. Things will turn around for the better.
Have faith Peachy! Image From one mom to another
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 17 Sep 2009, 15:20

Hey Jackie, I'm doing alright, still wrestling with the fissure (it's been winning so far this week) and waiting for things to happen baby-wise.
Nice avatar btw, you kind of remind me of Samantha Brown, a hottie TV host on the Travel Channel :) Not sure if her show airs over the pond but she basically travels the world and tries different activities/foods in different countries.
I can't offer any personal advice here since I'm still a few years behind you in terms of kid experience, but I do hope you make headway soon. It's only been about a week or so since your procedure, right, perhaps the ship just needs a bit more time to right itself. Things usually have to get worse before they get better is what I've been trying to tell myself lately.
Your mention of Palmer's Cocoa Butter is interesting, it prompted me to read a bunch of previous threads in the Diet & Supplements section and those were very edifying! Thank you for mentioning the Cocoa Butter so I'd mosy on over. My wife uses that for her swollen feet (from the pregnancy), I think I'm going to try swiping some to try where the sun don't shine!
P.S.
What the heck is Peppa Pig :) I know who Barney is (I assume the big purple dinosaur who looks like he's part of some weird LSD flashback and dances around like he's had a bit much to drink Image ) but am not up to date on what toys or shows kids are into these days. When I was a kid, it was all about Ninja Turtles and Transformers, don't tell me they've now been replaced by a pig! Image
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45