[SUCCESS] How long did it take to heal for Fistulotomy?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: [SUCCESS] How long did it take to heal for Fistulotomy?

Postby Coconutoil » 08 Jun 2020, 15:02

Ok I’ll try it! I have so many creams but I read the ingredients on this and it makes sense to me. Going to order now. Thanks for answering so fast!
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Postby Checkdis » 10 Jun 2020, 09:39

One more thing worth mentioning... A little bit of pain is necessary for healing. It tells the body there is trauma in the effected area and that it needs to heal. Using pain relief medications like lidocaine will slow down the healing process. So a little bit of pain is good, chronic pain is a different story.
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Coconutoil » 12 Jun 2020, 00:21

I just received the cream today! Ironically after 4 months of pain, yesterday I felt the best I’ve felt in months. I saw you mention that to someone else and it really made sense. I know this type of pain makes people feel like they will never heal but yesterday was such a great day for me. I’m still not 100% but it is a reminder that I’m healing. I feel like it took so long for me to heal because in the first couple months I took pain medication back to back thinking one day I wouldn’t need it. Finally in the last month I completely stopped taking it facing the pain and how unbearable it could be at times but I think you’re right. I’m finally healing because I’m not masking that pain anymore. Thanks for your response and helping people like me go through this!
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Postby Milkyway » 29 Apr 2021, 14:23

It's been 9 months after the surgery for me, and I am still not 100% myself.
The constant bloated and heavy feeling on my anus is bothering so much.
It used to be 24/7 but now I think that feeling has started to disappear on some days.
I am hoping it will eventually disappear completely and I can go back to my 100%.
Not sure how much longer it will take. Maybe 1 year, maybe a few years.
I'd hate to live my life like this for ever though.

I think some people will never "heal" completely because the scar will be blowing their rectum and anus and cause this kind of terrible feeling.
Milkyway

Topics: 1

Postby brent1981 » 03 Jul 2021, 19:35

Checkdis. I am so happy for you. I just had surgery too, a fistulotomy, and am healing up now. Only 5 days post-op but I already am feeling (mentally) better and maybe even physically slightly. Your story is one that makes me have some hope!
brent1981
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3