How long yet?

How long for the awful burning to go away + better change CRS?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How long yet?

Postby empty_butt » 11 Jun 2017, 01:34

Hi All,

After 3 full months I’m still dealing with this nasty internal AF, diagnosed on 3 April, but active since mid-march.

I‘m on Rectogesic since 18 April, and while I can use it one time a day (versus 3 times a day when the pain was unbearable), I still NEED to use it after BM, when my sphincter spasms. I use less than 1cm, but my CRS told me that this is not normal.

How long have you been using Rectogesic before feeling safe without it?

My problem being the spasms, that still persist (even though not as bad as when I first started using it), and a burning sensation that drives me mad for 3-5 hours after the morning BM.

I fear this burning feeling might also be caused by a proctitis I was diagnosed with, but for which I was not prescribed any cure.

Worried about CU, I took the calprotectin faecal exam, showing low levels of inflammation (<30).

To make things worse, I’m freaking out thinking about having an anoscopy done by my CRS (he wants to see me for a check visit), which I strongly believe last time worsened my already terribly painful fissure.

Currently I’m using rectogesic after BM, trying self dilatation, zinc oxide cream, e vitamin oil, and eating super clean–I mean really clean, like veggies and proteins, no gluten, lactose, etc.

I know this sounds like a silly question as everyone is different, but how long did it take for you to overcome these terrible sensations of spasming and burning during/after a BM?

Thanks you all!
:thankyou:
empty_butt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: How long yet?

Postby Glorybee » 20 Jul 2017, 08:31

It's a really good question. You and I seem to be on the same schedule/calendar. Are you taking Mirilax? My new doctor ( third one) said it's essential to healing. Colace is the equivalent of nothing ( according to this dr). I switched from the nitro to the nifedipine ointment this week, but it's only been two days.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby empty_butt » 20 Jul 2017, 09:20

Hi Glorybee,

No, I’m not taking any laxative as I’m also suffering with loose stools.
I have changed CRS as I felt the first one I saw was too old school, and since I also have proctits, I’m a bit worried about UC. Not to mention, the old CRS performed two anoscopy and ripped open my fissure twice.

The new CRS did not perform any anoscopy as the spasms are still really bad, advised me to continue with Rectogesic (even thought the 6 weeks period is weell over), dilatan, and I will start some pelvic floor physiotherapy soon.
I have also started to use Asacol gel, but the burning after bm is still harsh.

Next Monday I’m in for an ultrasound of the intestinal limbs to search for signs of UC or Crohn, as I absolutely cannot perform any colonoscopy.

A bit worried.

Can you describe your sensations you feel after bm?
empty_butt
Fibre Addict

Postby Glorybee » 20 Jul 2017, 09:26

After the initial "I'm going to die" phase, it's pretty much a constant burning feeling with muscle spasms to boot. Good times!
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Postby empty_butt » 09 Aug 2017, 13:50

Hi Glorybee, how is it going? I’m still in the limbo with no improvement yet. Stay strong
empty_butt
Fibre Addict

Postby Glorybee » 09 Aug 2017, 15:02

Same here. I actually thought I was getting better, but the doctor said no. I've added in some vitamin E ointment and started taking vitamin e and vitamin c orally. This is all driving me crazy.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict