how much do you poop?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

how much do you poop?

Postby buttgirl » 29 May 2008, 12:55

This is an odd question, I know, and a graphic one, so apologies in advance. But I can't help but notice that sometimes my discomfort is due to the amount I poo rather than just the size/consistency of the poo. I also continue to be amazed at the amount I sometimes poo. I'm not kidding. All I had to eat yesterday was an oat bar, apricots, a can of peas, some crystalized ginder, and a sandwich. Not a lot, but I had a ton of poo. I have a regular flush toilet and the top of the mound sometimes sticks out the water, like this morn. I'm not loosing weight or anything, but I don't remember pooping this much before the fissure and the fissure diet. Is it just me?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Re: how much do you poop?

Postby buttgirl » 29 May 2008, 12:55

oh. I also had 2 fiber bars.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 29 May 2008, 13:04

I love your cat in the toilet!!
I was also glad to read your comment. I feel exactly the same way about the amount of my stool (especially today). I am a small person trying to hold onto the weight that I have. I think I weigh 115 pounds or so. (I never weigh myself and look the other way at the doc's office when I am weighed since I had an eating disorder during college and would weigh myself several times a day which is weird.). Come to think about it I guess I have been weird for awhile as the thought of weighing myself so much is utterly ridiculous. I don't have an eating disorder anymore, so the amount of food I eat cannot be that much given my current weight. I am amazed at the amount of stool that I pass at times for the amount of food that I eat. It was not this way b/4 I was on Miralax, and I think I was eating MORE food about a year ago to try to get enough fiber at that time (35-40 grams/daily). So, it must be the Miralax as I was on high fiber foods a year ago also. At least I am not fat anymore and no longer have an eating disorder (compulsive eating). Most people my age are trying to lose 10, 20, 30 pounds or more, and I feel quite unusual that I am not trying to watch my weight/lose. Sorry for the long epistle.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jo » 29 May 2008, 13:15

I also feel that way. Taking miralax seems to really soften the stools and since they move more frequently there is alot more there with the water being absorbed. I guess you could say it is more fluffy. Some days I am amazed that much can come out! It is soooo much better Image than being constipated.
I am sure the fiber helps that way also. More water...more poo!
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 29 May 2008, 13:35

This probably isn't the right place to add this, but seems here that everyone is interested in staying well, so as not to have to take antibiotics or upset the applecart even more. This past winter/flu season I took Vit D (1,000 iu) daily and an acidophilus supplement. I think both help with my immunity, and I didn't get sick this past winter with a flu or cold. Just passing this along--it could have been just a coincidence, but the year prior I had three colds within a 2 month period from Jan to March. I also do meditation now and didn't get "steamed" at the spa this past winter, so several things changed for me (including no stress about taking a month-long trip to Australia).
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 29 May 2008, 13:42

Hey - as long as it does not hurt ; ) !!! Image
I go 3 times a day so it is never above the water rim LOL - BUT, if I would go just once it might as well be Image . It is definitely the fiber - I guess it is supposed to be that much and I always imagine how Neanderthal must have pooped when I "look down" Image A happy crowd they must have been - all naked and free - pooping, peeing and so forth Image anywhere and anytime without any worry or discomfort - except maybe flees Image LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 29 May 2008, 14:03

Fiss et. al.
Do you think Neanderthal men (and women) knew which was best--squatting or sitting in their nakedness? Or do you think they debated the merits of each way as was done on this forum? I doubt if Metamucil and the other supplements were available to them, but they probably didn't eat any processed food, and therefore, had no problems with digestive issues.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 May 2008, 14:09

I doubt if Metamucil and the other supplements
were available to them, but they probably didn't eat any processed
food, and therefore, had no problems with digestive issues.
Raw mastodon meat does not pass easily through most folks tummies!! Image
We don't have to worry about Neanderthals, as we are all descended from Cro-magnons!
Neanderthals never worried about how they shat, and they all got fissures, no one wanted to reproduce anymore because their butts hurt, and they went extinct. End of story!!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 29 May 2008, 15:14

Sad, sad neanderthal fate. :(
Wait a minute...so many of us have fissures now... are we on the way to extinction? Image
:rolleyes:
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 29 May 2008, 15:26

Probably not because the processed food has so many preservatives now that those people that eat them will probably live forever because they are so "preserved."
cherylk
VIP