how would..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

how would..

Postby Guest » 08 Jan 2007, 20:52

you all describe the pain you feel with ur fissures? I just thought this would be an interesting question to gather your thoughts on...

Re: how would..

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Jan 2007, 09:40

My pain would begin about 30 min. to an hour after a bm; it would come in waves (sphincter spasms) that were normally somewhat "sharp" and quite painful during my "acute" phase early on.

After adjusting my diet and using nefedipine they weren't so intense (manageable).

I had LIS two weeks ago and so far the spasms haven't returned...

Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 09 Jan 2007, 13:46

on the worst days, it would begin with the fear of the feeling of the bm wanting to come out.
then the fear of sitting on the toilet, anticipating the first sensation of a piercing hot razor blade or big piece of rusty glass making a bigger incision in the hole!!!!
these sensations then turned to something like what i imagine corrosive acid on contact on your anus would feel like until the BM was over. eating anything spicy would multiply this by like 100!
once the bm was over, then began the other pain. the pain of throbbing fire. intense uncomfort. as if you had given birth to a 100 lb. potato.
the throbbing on some days would linger on for 3-5 hours.
on other days, it would be like an hour or two.
and on some very good days, about 10-13 minutes after BM only.
on special days, i had blood come out too.
i've been blood free now for quite some time.
and i haven't had the razor blades experience anymore for at least 3 months, maybe more...i am losing track of time here.....
now my issue is with a little area, the size of a pin head, that sometimes can feel like a little hot potato pulsating on very bad days.
but these last two days, he's been good. this weekend though, he decided to get the best of me!!!!!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 09 Jan 2007, 20:18

ah see mines weird i tend to get the worst pain when i have my bm, but only if its really really loose. i suffer usually with loose stools more so than harder ones and when its a loose one i can be on the loo for hours in agony. sumtimes i pnch myself to try and distract myself from the pain. when the pain is that bad its always blood thats accompanied it. in fact i get blood most the time. Image

Postby Cheryl » 10 Jan 2007, 04:10

This is interesting, sounds like everyone feels it a little differently..
I dont have pain now, as Ive had LIS, but if i think back to the last 6 years... :roll:
My pain used to start as soon as a BM was exiting my butt! It would be such a sharp pain in the right side of my anus, and would feel like someone was pulling barbed wire our my arse Image and once I started the BM, there was NO going back!
I used to try all sorts of positions to ease the pain, i used to squeeze my nose (glad was not the only one Grace!!) to distract the pain.. and i used to even hold my breath - man going to the toilet for me was a VERY stressfull experience.. and it didnt end there, once the toilet visit was over, the throbbing and spasms would start Image
also, some days i would be just sitting at my work desk, and spasms would just happen, same pain like the shards of glass or barbed wire - thats when i felt the urge to vomit - i do know with some people, if pain is too hard to bare, the natural reaction can be to puke :pale:
looking back now i dont know how i made it thru those 6 years Image
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2007, 06:04

OH I hadnt thought of this for a while - makes me think how lucky i am now Image
My pain was like shards of glass, when i pooped, after my poop - throbbing after the BM could last up to 1-2 days Image It was awful - im cringing now just thinking about it
Annie :pale:

Postby small_flower » 21 Jan 2007, 22:07

I think the best way to describe mine would be....big paper cut...re-opening...again and again.
The shards of glass description would work well too. Image
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2007, 22:30

a sharp knife with razor blade glued around all sides!!

burning

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 15:05

at the initial exit of the BM it is like a rough scraping of the side walls and I want to have no part of it, once started it is easier to pass but then the burning starts and then takes a few minutes to dissapate after the BM. During all this I reach for the nearest counter top corner or handicap rail to grip onto for support. Sometimes at the end of everything I notice sweat beeded up on my forehead. Luckily today it has not been like this (still knocking on wood) although I have already had 4 BM's! you would think they were going out of style. -I'm going to cut down on my fiber supp. intake for the next few days and see if that helps.

Postby Cheryl » 27 Jan 2007, 16:19

rsieloff wrote: During all this I reach for the nearest counter top corner or handicap rail to grip onto for support. Sometimes at the end of everything I notice sweat beeded up on my forehead.

Image I totally know where you are coming from with this description - that was my pain exactly!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22