I can't shake this anxiety about diarrhea ! HELP !

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: I can't shake this anxiety about diarrhea ! HELP !

Postby val » 14 Oct 2008, 01:17

I think you'll find most of us on here have tried most things - because we are in PAIN!!!!
I suppose it is a "funny" condition to people who have never had fissures, but the horrific pain of spasms and any kind of cut in that area is far from being funny. These "paper cuts" are in an extremely sensitive area and hurt like hell. Not to the point that we think we might die or end up in the emergency room - we just FEEL like we want to die because the pain is so bad.
To be that obsessed with diarrheah, you either have a phobia so great that a support group for ANAL FISSURE SUFFERERS is not going to be able to help you, or your sense of humour is sick beyond belief.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 14 Oct 2008, 06:33

another thing came to my mind....if you can't control by what you eat or medication your diarrhea, then perhaps you may have a digestive disorder.
how often do you have d?
what is the cause of it?
if it is either because you ate unprepared food or because you had to take heavy duty antibiotics, then you will at least know when you may have d.
other than that, if its onset is random and frequent, then you may have other issues.
in any case, if you continue to have d. phobia, as val stated, you should seek out professional help.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 14 Oct 2008, 09:51

val wrote:I think you'll find most of us on here have tried most things - because we are in PAIN!!!!
I suppose it is a "funny" condition to people who have never had fissures, but the horrific pain of spasms and any kind of cut in that area is far from being funny. These "paper cuts" are in an extremely sensitive area and hurt like hell. Not to the point that we think we might die or end up in the emergency room - we just FEEL like we want to die because the pain is so bad.
To be that obsessed with diarrheah, you either have a phobia so great that a support group for ANAL FISSURE SUFFERERS is not going to be able to help you, or your sense of humour is sick beyond belief.

I don't think that gahgah thinks having a fissure is a funny condition, or that he has a humour beyond sick belief Val. He has joined this forum because he has a fissure, and he needs support and advice as we all do. I also think it is harsh questioning if he has a phobia, and telling him that this forum might be the wrong place to be - as some of you have done. We don't know what "mental shape" (new) members on this board are in. If one wants to give an advice about something it could be done in a PM, and not here.
Communicating with only the printed word can be full of misunderstandings and cause a lot of problems, as so much is missed compared to when one speak verbally. Irony, humour, etc. can easily be misunderstood if the reader doesn't understand it. People are different and communicate in different ways, and what is accepted one place may be impolite and disrespectful another place.
The heading on this forum says: "we'll try to quell your fear".
Well he has a fear of diarrhea. I guess quite a few of us has a fear of BMs, pooping, constipation, etc. bordering on some kind of phobia, obsession, or whatever. Because that is what having a fissure does to us, our lives revolves around bathroom activities. Sad, but true!
Bloody Mary
PS
Some has given gahgah supportive and constructive advice...
Happy, you look good with dark hair!
I offered to send you the cheeseburger :) green and moldy by the time you get it!
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Oct 2008, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby val » 14 Oct 2008, 11:49

I know that some have given supportive and constructive advice - and I hope that I always do too - that is always my intention, to be supportive. And I think most of us are very paranoid and phobic about any changes in bowel habits - I myself spend most of my life worrying over it . BUT, there are people on here that are going through hell-on-earth pain after surgeries etc, and they obviously fret about very hard or very soft poop but they dont write the word "diarrohea" over and over again in every one of their posts. I'm ridiculously, extremely, stupidly blood and needle phobic but I wouldn't write that over and over again and expect support for it as that would be over and above what this group is for. If you look back on the two threads a lot of people have taken the trouble to write very long and supportive answers with suggestions to reduce the risk of diarrhoea and strategies to cope with it IF it arises. But how can anyone offer support for something that hasn't even happened yet? Phobias need to be dealt with by a professional and there are support groups actually for people with phobias which would be far more helpful as we can only advise on AF problems.
val
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Oct 2008, 17:09

I have to agree with that assessment Image . There is difference between "every day worry" and "anxiety" and "phobia" - 3 different states of the mind. If one is in MINIMAL discomfort for 3 years and is worried to death about possible effect of loose stool and is seeing that as probable cause of complete disability to the point of ending up in emergency room - even I think that it is little bit over the board. I had colonoscopy done with present fissure and that day had to go over 12 times in the bathroom - but did not have anxiety attack. I was concerned, that was for sure, but did not avoid having it done or had ricing heart for the whole day.
I am actually really concerned about Gahgah - if he is truly in such emotional turmoil - it can not help him in any shape or form and he has to find a way to control his anxiety because it rules his life , not a fissure itself Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 14 Oct 2008, 18:05

You're right again, Fiss. You seem to do a better job than most others in controlling your anxiety. Maybe it is because you are able to keep your sense of humor. I think we all different in how well or how poorly we are able to mentally deal with this prob.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 14 Oct 2008, 18:41

i can tell u this, aside from preferring to have diarrhea over regular stools, i am more scared of being cheated on in any relationship....
that is my fear, phobia, whatever u want to call it........
i think i am ready to quit my job tomorrow.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 14 Oct 2008, 18:55

I am afraid I will get another hemorrhoid. I am paranoid about it! Anxious, even. :hhouse:

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Oct 2008, 22:42

Cheryl - I know what anxiety is since I experienced it in my life on couple of occasions and I know how terrible that feeling is. It is very hard to "control" it since it happens in our brain and one does not always have the power to control chemical processes in the brain or our very complex peripheral nervous system. We all develop ways to deal with it this or that way , but sometimes professional help is needed and there is absolutely no reason not to seek one - it can become overwhelming and person can start going in circles of anxiety causing even more feelings of helplessness and being out of control of ones feelings and so on - my opinion is that the sooner it is stopped - the better and easier control is achieved. I was just lucky that it went away as it came, (I actually used yoga meditation and breeding exercises) but if it lasted , I definitely would seek help - that is no way to live the life Image .
Happy - you are silly - if he cheats - HIS loss !!! And I do not think it can be classified as anxiety or phobia if you do not hyperventilate any time another guy passes by the 2 of you LOL
Lecia-babe - you have a reason to "sweat" about it LOL, so no paranoia there :witchpump: xoxo
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 15 Oct 2008, 01:12

I feel sorry for Gah too - I have phobias myself, which, as and when I'm faced with the "threat" they do take over my life and I do behave in a very over-the-top way (seeing is believing, folks!!! Any of my long-suffering family would vouch for that!!) But they dont take over my normal life to a degree where it is an obsession. A phobia is an irrational fear and trying to be rational with reassurance is never going to work. Someone with anxiety issues wants a 100% guarantee that X isn't going to happen and no -one in this world is going to be able to give that guarantee. Also, once that fear is dealt with and they DID get a 100% guarantee that X wouldn't happen, it wouldn't be too long before another obsession arrives to take its place. Thats why I say that maybe it would be better for Gah to get to the root cause of his anguish and find a support group which deals with major anxiety issues. We can support him through his AF problems, but this guy needs proffessional help which none of us here are going to be able to give him.
I COULD sum up and rationalise it, Gah, but I dont think it will help. There are so many different outcomes that COULD happen, but I'm sure you've already thought of them all- and more! anyway. Most people with a fissure will get diarroea at some time in their lives - I had it last week - but I'm still here, alive and kicking! When I first got the fissure, all the laxative stuff I was given made me go nearly 20 times a day, and I had spasms - and yes the pain was excrutiating beyond belief - but I got through it, as you will if it ever happens to you. But we could reassure you all day - I dont think that will help.
Please try and get some help for your anxiety, this is no way to live your life, you're only young and you're wasting precious time and years worrying about a future which is definately going to be bleak if you carry on like this. I'm sorry that you're going through this and I wish I could say something to reassure you and get rid of your fear. Good luck!
val
King Fissure