I have a NEW one !!!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I have a NEW one !!!!

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 16:11

OK...I just came back from CRS (one that is in my neighborhood - my old one was not working today), and yes, I have a brand new fissure - now in posterior position Image - so, I am going for the LIS because I just had enough of this subhuman existence Image . She was very nice and spent almost and hour talking about everything and we both came to the same conclusion that in my case that might be the best solution since my sphincter was in such spasm Image , she didn't even tried to put the scope in , even though I said to go ahead to be sure hat there is a fissure. She laughed and said that I am a silly because there is no way I can have a spasm like that and pain without a fissure. She also gave me very interesting info. that I never heard before so I want to share it here. She said that new studies showed that people who have fissures often and for long time actually have greater incidence of developing some degree of incontinence at old age then people who had LIS and that everybody was surprised with findings. The theory is that scar tissue develops over long period of time of having fissure and causes that Image . But, my decision to have surgery is not based on that, I just want to be free of pain - period! My back and neck problems are result of my fissure because I lost so much weight (especially muscle), and I have to start eating proteins or I will just shrivel and die. She said that I can have stake same day ????? I thought that she was joking, but she was not Image . Her theory is that colon adjusts to whatever you do to it with your diet - if you have small meals and softeners and mineral oil and make your poop thin and small - you can actually make colon narrow and sphincter less elastic :pale: , so it will start having trouble with large, normal poo !!!
Oh well, I wish somebody told me that before- I definitely made that area adjust to semi- solid thin poop. Her theory is hat one should eat normal food, just with extra fiber added like Metamucil and such so that one would be regular . She said that MOM is also OK if necessary for people who have problem with constipation.
Now, I have to decide should I take her or her partner who is voted best in this area by his peers Image . I had consultations with him once, nice guy, but A GUY - taking care of business - no much talk and "mushiness" . She is pretty young, n the other hand, did about hundred of those - had one case of infection (but the person was extremely obese) and one person that continued to have pain but than never came back so she is not sure if she healed and moved on or went somewhere else. I appreciated her honesty, not many would disclose things. The GUY partner had more than 500 of LIS procedures and never had a single incontinence case, I never asked for other complications . Sorry buddies for rumbling for so long - it is just that my head is spinning
now with all the thoughts and decisions that I have to make.....
:roll: I will have my surgery either 20th or 21st - working on making an appointment ... :pale:
BEST TO ALL Image Image :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: I have a NEW one !!!!

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 17:08

that is interestinginfo. I can see how scar tissue could cause seepage of small amounts of liquid/mucous.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 17:24

Wow-your poor bum! I am sorry you have a new one but maybe this is pointing you toward the surgery which can end your suffering. I know many of the others on here say that there spasms stopped immediately with the surgery.

That is very interesting info about the higher incidence of incontinence among people who have fissures untreated with surgery. And it seems like we shouldn't be babying our colons as much. But when it comes down to it, it is our butts and we are the ones that have to poop out of them.

I am so glad that you will have this over with soon and not have to wait so long. The lady doctor sounds very nice. I would be torn about what to do too. I think she is more likely to be there post operatively though.

I think the new year is going to bring you much peace and relief from your suffering. Just you wait!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Dec 2007, 17:52

Oh no, not another one! :flush:
Hey Fissulyna, you sound like you are ready to do real business now! Good for you!
She said that new studies showed that people who have fissures often and for long time actually have greater incidence of developing some degree of incontinence at old age then people who had LIS and that everybody was surprised with findings. The theory is that scar tissue develops over long period of time of having fissure and causes that

Wow, but I guess it makes sense. Once you have the LIS, everything returns to normal, for the most part, so why would you be at risk? Living with an anal fissure day in and day out could eventually just ruin your arse over years and years...
I'd say, either of the two CRS's!
You are so used to pain down there, you will appreciate the fact that the worst of the surgery, pain wise, can be less than the worst of the AF. And the pain quickly goes down to a dull pain that lessens each day. The spasms are long gone.
I am going to be so happy and proud on the day you beat Bob, the anal fissure.. Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 18:25

Heeeeeeeeeeeyyy Lecia baby : )))) ! You look sooo cute in pink with that beautiful tree behind ! Hope you are doing well today ! How is your hemmie behaving? Yes, I am trying to stay positive and think of this surgery as a possible FINAL insult on my body and as a beginning of much needed recovery. PHEW , what a year #@$%^%#$#!!! You know, when this new one opened I just knew that I have to have LIS because it is a brand new one, on different place, so my muscles are just out of control at this point and I can't live in fear every period I am about to have . I almost felt a relief because there was no doubt in my mind what I should do, I know I tried everything else and even though I managed to heal - I popped open again : (((. I don't want to go in circles any more.
Yes, you are right about "our butts", it is easy for them to "spill" theories , when you are in pain you do what you have to do to stay sane !!!
I had to make a decision fast because he does surgeries only Thursdays and she Fridays so I was agonizing here on the sofa with my husband and at one point I was thinking in my head "lets go with a pro" when my husband said EXACTLY same words aloud , ha ha ha, so we decided that it was a sign to choose "macho boy" , ha ha, I know - silly right ? I also thought that sooner the better and also he is going to be "on call" over Christmas and she over New Year, so he would be answering my calls anyway if I have any. So, the "boy" it is ...; ). My surgery is 20th at 2 pm western time - it will be 5 at your side, I think. Hope you will be thinking of me ...
BTW, do you know how s Gareth's friend doing - he was scheduled for the surgery on 12th. Hope they are doing fine.
Thanks for beautiful words of encouragement and hope, and no ; ), I did not gave up on God, how can one ????
XOXOOOOOOOOoooooooo..... :arwen:
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 18:35

HI KIMMY BOY !!!!! I was waiting for you to write and here you are XOXO ! Yes, I am looking forward for this LIS thing and after all have to go through I also think I will be able to deal with post op pain for couple of days ; ) ! I will be counting on you for advices - so don't party too much, ha ha, "check in" occasionally, OK ?
; ))) !! Any words of wisdom would be highly appreciated : ) !!! Can you post for me your "link" thread again - pleeeeeeeeeeseeeeee ??? The one about your surgery...
How are you doing those days - ready for Santa yet ???
Thank you for everything Kim, your positive attitude means a lot always.
BIG HUG :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 14 Dec 2007, 18:40

Sorry Fiss. Busy day at work. just getting to the rest of the post.
congrats on the surgery and taking steps to be pain free. Either dr sounds very competent, so either would be a good choice.
I think you got yourself the best holiday present--a road to recovery. let us know how it goes.
P.S. we will be going in on the same day. Mine is only a minor office surgery though, not an LIS.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 19:00

HI Buttgirl : ))))) ! Thanks for nice words of encouragement and for reassuring words XOXOOO ! Isn't it interesting that we both have something done same day
?!? At what time your procedure starts ? We would be praying at the same time, ha ha, maybe "double the mint" would give us "double the pleasure" afterwards" ; ), ha ha, I have to be silly, makes me relax about the whole thing !
Yes, may our Holidays start with a road to recovery !!! I will definitely be here ha ha, no eggnogs for me - thats for sure ; )))) !!!!
All the best !!!! AND good luck with your procedure too !!! May it be the last one that you need too !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2007, 19:01

Wow-and you both are in California, right?

I'll be thinking about you both! Wish I could pop in and see how you guys were doing in person. You would probably recognize me!

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Dec 2007, 19:16

Heh, heh, California dream , ahahahah - oh my Gosh - I am now TOO silly and hyper - I didn't take any Vicodine yet - I SWEAR - just how I react to prospect of LIS - I guess ; ))) !
I wish you could come Lecia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course we wold recognize you ...oh nooooo, but you wouldn't recognize us : ((((. THAT sucks ! When I am done with LIS I promise to post my picture, I would do it long time ago but didn't know how. Just in case you decide to come here- I have brown curly hair - VERY curly - if you see a white girl with almost afro hair- that is me - no way you can miss that , ha ha ha. Since Buttgirl is little bit south of me but has shorter procedure , you can pick her up and you both can come to my place to have some fun shopping while I play with rubber ducky in my tub ; ).
XOXOOOOoooooooooo Image
Fissulyna
VIP