I Haven't Felt This Good in Years

Healing

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

I Haven't Felt This Good in Years

Postby Jms990 » 06 Nov 2015, 20:34

I have been dealing with a chronic fissure for over 11 years. I had my initial tear when I was pregnant with my second child. I don't want to bore everyone with the many details of my miserable experience with this life altering mess. I have tried everything under the sun to try and heal my fissure but nothing ever seemed to work long enough to completely heal things. Just recently I decided to cut out everything I've been doing and just try one thing at a time. I have been sticking to my usual diet of eating both good and bad food. I still drink lots of water but I'm not focusing on my fiber intake or taking fiber supplements of any kind. For the last two weeks I've just been taking a full dose of Miralax in the morning along with a glass of water or juice or whatever. I then take the next full dose right after my next bowel movement. I usually only have one bm a day or every other day so it's usually a full dose every day or every other day. I swear it's been 2 weeks and no pain, no bleeding, no severe anxiety or sweating when it's time to go to the bathroom. My bm's have been the perfect consistency for two whole weeks in a row. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about when I mention the anxiety and fear I have when I know it's going to be a bad one. I'm not there yet but this is the best run of pain free bm's I've had in years. I don't even know if it's safe to take Miralax every day, but I really don't care. I haven't felt this good in years so it's so worth it to me!
Jms990

Topics: 1

Re: I Haven't Felt This Good in Years

Postby Savaici » 18 Nov 2015, 08:21

Great to hear, and thanks for posting!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: I Haven't Felt This Good in Years

Postby brittanyb » 18 Mar 2016, 15:59

Hi Jms! I'm so glad for you! I got my AF when I was 5 weeks postpartum thanks to all the constipation that comes along with having a baby. I definitely want to have more kids, but I'm worried about getting pregnant without resolving this (but I also don't want to put my whole life on hold). Can you share more about your delivery experience with the fissure? Did you deliver vaginally or by C-section? If vaginally, how long did you push for, and did it make the fissure worse?
brittanyb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3