Iron

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Iron

Postby Fissulyna » 02 Dec 2008, 18:20

Hi buddy-buds Image
Yes, my "Tubby" - vit. C is very important for absorption of Fe. I take my multi with orange juice ; )) ! Dark chocolate is a food group that I consume daily Image - who would miss that "excuse" lol Image
Cheryl - thank you so much Image - you really should not spend so much time looking for those supplements Image - I am sure you will stumble upon them when you least expect it , as it is always the case with "missing objects" ; ).
Switzerland has the highest regulations and product control as well as Germany - I have no doubts that those supplements are of the highest quality and benefit ; ))). Not a single cat died in those countries from melamine poisoning, for example , not to mention how strict their control is over meat and everything else. If you ever want to order something from those countries - you can expect only the best - from appliances to food to cars Image , not to mention clocks LOL ; )))
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 14:27

When I first started taking supplements in the eighties, I included Fe in my menu, and once got diarrhea so bad I wound up in the woods during a short trip. Then later, of course, they found men shouldn't take iron at all....
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 06 Dec 2008, 14:37

Why is that?
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 14:41

To much iron and you have a large increase for cardiac risk; it's true for women, too, but women do have a certain amount of iron loss during their ketchup time of month. Something to that effect, it's been so long since I read about it....
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 06 Dec 2008, 15:35

My son has low Fe levels and our GP told him to take iron....he is a teenager
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2008, 16:30

My son has low Fe levels and our GP told him to take iron....he is a teenager
Oh, my! I was speaking of folks with normal iron levels...if his is low then supplementation wouldn't be risky at all, but necessary! At least it's an easy thing to fix, is he anemic any?
Oops, I hit edit and wound up posting inside your post! Dangers of having an admin panel in the hands of a dummy
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 07 Dec 2008, 15:30

Anemic? Do you mean weak? No, not really, but he doesn't do much - he likes his computer too much...
His Fe levels are low.
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 07 Dec 2008, 15:41

Since low iron can cause anemia, I just wondering. :)
Deleted User 5

Postby scaredy_butt » 31 May 2010, 09:18

My mom was prescribed iron shots when she was having heavy, heavy periods. She would get one every week. She didn't say they were too painful, but they did stain each of her hip areas yellow. I'm not sure how well they worked either, she said she seemed to be bleeding as fast as her body could try to heal. She ended up having a hysterectomy (it was fibroids causing all the trouble) and now her iron is too high! I think her body has been trying to get her iron up for so long, that it's in overdrive. All of sudden she wasn't bleeding anymore but her body was still frantically trying to grab every little bit of iron that it could. I would imagine it has since settled down!
I am taking Palafer right now. It is a bit constipating, so I only take it every other day. I have also tried Floradix from the health food store, actually I totally forgot about it until I read this thread. Maybe I will go get some more!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements