Iron

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Iron

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Nov 2008, 01:46

Did anybody ever in the USA get iron infusion or injections ???
My ferritin now is 10 and I really want to get those, but I need to know if here it is possible at all Image
Thanks in advance Image
Last edited by Fissulyna on 28 Nov 2008, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: Iron

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Nov 2008, 17:10

OK - I guess not LOL Image
Good luck Fissy Image !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby pinky » 28 Nov 2008, 17:56

Fissy-if you are symptomatic of anemia,you should receive iron.are they refusing to tranfuse you?
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Nov 2008, 18:51

Pinky - I got my results back - my ferritin is down from 16 to 10 now and my saturation is low (10) and my IBC is high and hematocrit low and all of that indicates anemia Image The Gyn refused to do infusion, said they do not do it any more (???) and gave me Fe pills , GP never heard of iron infusion or injections Image , gave me list of Fe rich food !!!!
Crazy - I am telling you Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Nov 2008, 19:57

I know they do it here in Canada.. Not sure about the states. I take this for iron:
http://www.florahealth.com/flora/home/usa/products/r64771.asp
It's non constipating, liquid, alcohol free, fruit based, works great. I buy it from a health food store, hopefully it's available where you live as well.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Nov 2008, 20:44

Thanks Sunshine Image I will definitely look into it ! I got mushy poop from my Fe supplements and it burned so much, like acid - go figure Image. I hope that this fruit supplement has high dose of Fe - I need about 60 mg a day to take over period of a year to come to normal levels :( .
Image and I hope that your pain will stay away forever this time around Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Corsi » 29 Nov 2008, 09:40

Floradix is popular here too...I am not sure if it affects the stomach, but you can try it..
Something called "Amino Iron" (Ferrochel) should be safer to take than normal iron as well.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 29 Nov 2008, 12:51

Image Fissy
This needs to be sorted Image Crazy indeed why is no one helping :(

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Nov 2008, 18:09

Thanks my dearest friends Image !!!
Corsi - I tried Ferrochel - it was prescribed to me by my Gyn and it gave me those "mushy" burning pops Image Now I take regular multivitamin with Iron and am tolerating it OK, but it has only 30 mg of Fe Image .
Tabby buddy - I do not understand either Image . I wrote to my Mom and she will send to me some euro Fe products to try. She asked around and everybody told her that Fe injections are definitely readily available there and given without a problem to anybody who is anemic , so hopefully I will be able to travel in 6 months and will get them Image . It is just flabbergasting that I will go to war-torn country to get basic medical care LOL - I don't know should I laugh or should I cry Image
LOVE TO ALL Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby SunshineHope » 29 Nov 2008, 19:35

It is just flabbergasting that I will go to war-torn country to get basic medical care

That's how I felt too, Fissy! I started to wonder whether there were any other secret remedies anywhere in the East that would help.. And I just laughed at how ridiculous it seemed - we're living in North America, but still... We have to be our own doctors & somehow heal our own maladies... Even when we're in devastating pain or discomfort.. Ahh!
Well let us know how the iron goes Fissy. I have low iron too, so far floradix has been good for me. I hope it's alright on the stomach!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements