it's official: i did it! my LIS outcome

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: it's official: i did it! my LIS outcome

Postby cherylk » 22 Jan 2011, 10:40

Good news, Happy, about your healing!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 22 Jan 2011, 12:06

Great News! This is exactly how my recovery went. I'm still scared it was all to good to be true.
Your post are definitely going to give hope to so many who are afraid of LIS.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Jan 2011, 12:37

Yahoo!
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Now you can relax and start getting your mind on your future instead of whats' "behind" you, LOL! Way to go, amazing!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 23 Jan 2011, 08:57

well i am almost at the 84 hours post LIS update and all is going well.
i just finished taking little pug out for a walk in the burrr cold!
before i went to bed last night, and after attempting at eating a more normal dinner of stir fry veggies and tofu, my tummy was churning and working up something fierce. so as soon as i took my undergear off, and as quick as my bum touched the toilet, quickly came out BM # 2 of the day. there was a lot and it was smooth and really it happened so quickly there wasn't even time to breath and take it easy. LOL!
it all went super well. even with the rush of the exit, and after carefully assessing the situation down below, everything was peaceful.
took my long soak bath with epsom salts. washed the anal area with my Aveeno thereafter. dried off with a quick blow dry. applied some lidocaine ointment and dressed it up with the square gauze.
took my last toradol. prayed my rosary as i had been meaning to do all day. and that helped me totally relax into sleepytime.
and played my favorite phone video game til the wee hours of the morning.
i am going to keep pureeing my breakfast and keep either lunch or dinner pureed but turn one of the those meals as a non-puree meal.
have been avoiding sitting on my butt for the most part unless if i am here typing on AF board Image
i am thinking of going to afternoon Mass at 5:30 pm but i think i will attend some of it as i will be standing up and not sitting on those hard pews. well, i will try to make the whole Mass but i don't want to push it. if i can simply hear the readings for today and the sermon and get a blessing or two and say a prayers of thanks in the Good House, i am totally good. it's about a 10-15 minute walk from home so i know i will have to keep that in mind.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bumbutt » 23 Jan 2011, 09:31

Sounds really great, so I am happy for you!
Yeah, like your other friends here, I also push for the "not pushing it" - don't try to do too much.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby PaulsPain » 23 Jan 2011, 13:12

Hi Happy-
It is awesome that every thing is going well so far. I always like to read good outcomes.
I also had a hard time lying around after my surgeries. I think striking a balance is good though - not to much to cause harm but enough movement to get the blood flowing. I would walk on the treadmill very slowly the week after my surgeries. To cold to take a walk outside....

I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby happyass » 26 Jan 2011, 11:02

just an update as this is the first week out:
the very good news:
swelling down approx. 90% - area where skin tag was removed still has some swelling around it
no bleeding during bms
bms from an internal perspective feel great - no issues from the inside. remarkable!
no incontinence - bm wise or gas wise
can't really say that i am in pain but i do continue to take acetomenophine during the day for swelling/inflammation and have snuck in a vicodin at night to sleep comfortable as a precaution
have walked my pug in the mornings since last friday (wednesday was my surgery)
the not so good but not bad news:
sitting is not so much a challenge but i know 20 minutes even 30 minutes, i begin to feel a pressure/tightness on the left side - presumably that is where LIS was done and where skin tag took up residence
still have tenderness in the left side of the anus also feel some tightness in the area of the skin tag but wouldn't call it pain
discharge on gauze still showing up but not in huge amounts; change gauzes like every 3-4 hours to keep clean
have BM at least once a day (yesterday only had 1 compared to the previous three days where i had 2 a day); this BM last night, altho not constipated, was tricky because it was combined with pockets of gas and one particular exit was really fast and more towards the area of where the fissure/skin tag existed and well, post-BM there was a lot of sensitivity externally in the fissure/skin tag area that wasn't present in the post-LIS BMs of the days before - again, this area before this BM has swelling due to the skin tag removal but the swelling is decreasing at a good pace.
so that is all folks.
i think all is going well. altho, without the vicodin and toradol use, i guess i am feeling the soreness (?) in the area of where the LIS was performed and skin tag removed better than earlier in the week. but it isn't anything to cry about or really call pain.
i am planning to return to work tomorrow for 1/2 a day. not sure how that will go.
all in all, i can't believe i still did this and that it has gone very well.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2011, 12:22

Happy,
the tightness slowly got better for me each week. By week 6-7 is was completely gone. You described it well. It wasn't painful just kind of a sore tight feeling.
Good to hear your doing Good:)

Postby Bumbutt » 27 Jan 2011, 02:59

That's really great! Hope your day back at work goes well. I am also going back to work today for the half-day shift (afternoon of course! Image ). I hope all the plants in my office aren't dead....
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 01 Feb 2011, 02:52

Hi Happy,
Are you living it up after LIS? Has your pug dragged you all around town?! Hope you are well. Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?