Just get the surgery

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Just get the surgery

Postby Nosirnotarealname » 10 Jun 2015, 01:51

I suffered with a fissure for years. It turned out to be one of the deepest fissures my doctor had ever seen. It was pure agony to pass stool, even gas. I tried everything, metamucil, baths, calmol 4 suppositories, (those three things can be great for you if its not as severe as mine!) creams, antiseptics, baby wipes, Etc etc. I wouldn't wish the pain on my worst enemy. I couldn't sit at work so I'd claim I was having back problems and kneel at my desk. I'd toss and turn all night. Train rides home were incredibly uncomfortable. Each trip to the bathroom was dreaded, and after a painful experience passing stool, it became a game of gingerly cleaning myself with a variety of tools and painkillers to avoid irritating the fissure. Years of this. Pain so bad that it would bring tears to my eyes. I'm a grown man. I began to feel hopeless and despair. I felt like life wasn't worth living, and each day was made unbearable by a tiny cut on my anus. Who could possibly understand what I was going through?

I got the surgery. After weeks on the aforementioned metamucil, morning/evening baths and calmol 4 treatment, my newly appointed doctor told me it wasn't going to heal on its own. Ever. I was nervous but went through with it, and after one single day of pain following the surgery I was free. Free to live my life without pain. Free to feel like a normal person. I had a fissurectomy performed at Mountainside Hospital in NJ, and my life has improved 1000%. I sincerely recommend anyone suffering to get the surgery. Bite the bullet, and get this treatable problem fixed permanently.

It's been a year since my surgery, and occasionally I have a scare where I get a painful stool. But it always heals up, like a normal person's rear end should.

Do yourself a favor that you will never regret.
Nosirnotarealname

Topics: 1

Re: Just get the surgery

Postby msimon » 10 Jun 2015, 12:57

Glad to hear your positive story. Congratulations on healing and getting your life back! Did you get a sphincterotomy as well or just a fissurectomy?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64