Just had a LIS on 12/21/17... possible fistula?

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Just had a LIS on 12/21/17... possible fistula?

Postby Checkdis » 29 Jan 2018, 13:08

Hello,

I recently had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy done and all went well, but 5 weeks later I had a small bump on the skin prior to the rectum. It had a white head on it and drained itself but I check on it ever so often and it seems to still be there. I can sort of feel maybe a channel or it could be a vein? There was a small amount of pain before the discharge, but now it is itchy. I don’t have a fever, and the area doesn’t look red or infected. There was no blood, just maybe a yellowish organge discharge originally. Now if there is any discharge it’s clear water. I cannot see a clear visible hole, but I rather reach out to the forum and get some thoughts on it before I see my CRS again. He isn’t in today but i’m hoping to get a call back for the soonest appointment, thank you guys.
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Just had a LIS on 12/21/17... possible fistula?

Postby Katie » 30 Jan 2018, 12:58

You may have developed a fistula but nope not!
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Checkdis » 30 Jan 2018, 15:13

Ehhh I really hope not... is this a common thing after a LIS? I have never had a fistula before. I mean it is very small, and it doesn’t look infected. I don’t have a fever and I keep it very sterile down there. Sitz baths every day for 20 minutes.

If it is a fistula can it heal up on it’s own? Or is surgery usually the main cure?
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Postby Katie » 31 Jan 2018, 14:35

After my first op I got a lump come up and stuff come out of it at first the doctors were saying it was an infection but it turned out to be a fistula the pain was worse then fissure pain and I would have to lay on the bed for 20 mins of so after going to the toliet I had to have a operation to cut the fistula open x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Katie » 07 Feb 2018, 05:48

How are u now? X
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Checkdis » 07 Feb 2018, 17:43

Katie wrote:How are u now? X

I have an appointment next week to follow up. I am slowly getting better from drainage. Maybe it isn’t a fistula but it is best to get it checked.
Checkdis
Salt Bather

Postby Checkdis » 16 Feb 2018, 21:41

Update:

I saw my CRS and he proved the hole which was actually not even close to the LIS incision. The probe went about 1cm deep and he put this healing nitrate stuck on it which burned like crazy and looked like charcoal. He didn’t seem too concerned but I have to see him in 6 weeks. If the hole is still there he mentioned something about flush peroxide in there to find the other end of it is a fistula. I don’t think it is, but who knows. It’s best to keep a close eye on things like this before they get worse.
Checkdis
Salt Bather