LIS Scheduled

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Scheduled

Postby Hopefull123 » 27 Mar 2018, 23:03

Make sure your doc also performs fissurectomy to clean the edges of the wound and promote fast healing. I think this was the main thing that my fissure pain disappeared from day one after the LIS and fissurectomy. As far as straining, my BMs are back to normal where if the stools are normal consistency sometimes I just need to push a little. Where as before I needed to have a bathroom when the urge comes otherwise I would be in trouble. Now, if I don't have to i won't poop until I find a bathroom lol, for example if I am traveling, changing time zones, etc, I no longer care. As long as I am taking psyllium husk everyday I don't worry about constipation. I don't take any other softeners. There were times where my BMs were harder and I felt stretching more than usual, but there was no pain and nothing happened. Make sure after the surgery you take minimal softeners so your muscles can get used to being stretched, sort of like a natural physical therapy, otherwise your pelvic floor problems may continue. Many people stay on softeners for years making their muscles atrophy basically and the problems only get worse. If your pelvic floor problems started with the fissure, then maybe this is the only problem and afyer the surgery when they relax and the wound heal , your entire pelvic floor will calm down.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11