LIS Scheduled

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Scheduled

Postby ss616 » 10 Jun 2011, 11:43

You will rock it - LIS was a life saver.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2011, 12:54

Good luck, lost ! Image

Postby sidra1968 » 10 Jun 2011, 17:22

Buena Suerte, lost!
We will be awaiting your return!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Elphie » 10 Jun 2011, 18:00

Good luck, it's going to be a relief for u. Because of those enemas and 12 hour fast I didn't go for a few days after, don't be alarmed, just keep up with your softening measures and you'll be great. Happy healing!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby lost » 11 Jun 2011, 09:53

Hi everyone. I am now at 18 hrs post op and typing on my phone. The first 6 hours were heaven because of the local. once the local wore off, the percoset regimen has begun. i had trouble urinating until about 8 hrs post op. i have a bruised/pressure feeling coming from my bum. I have passed gas a few times which felt wonderful. Haven't had a BM yet. I am kinda worried because my crs does not want me to use miralax for a few days. He wants me to use MOM, citracel, and colace. i guess we will see. I am eating only soft foods. Steamed brocolli, Apple sauce, sorbet, soup.
any advice or questions i can help with? Sorry for spelling errors or grammar. I don't take pain killers well and I am a little loopy.
lost
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby lost » 11 Jun 2011, 10:04

Oh yeah, I also have not taken a bath yet. when is it okay to start taking them? i can manage the pain well by just laying on my side. Should I start taking baths again? I do not have a toilet top sitz, i just use my tub with a donut.
lost
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby frustrated » 11 Jun 2011, 10:26

I was taking baths right away...not too hot though. For a couple of weeks they were the only thing that helped me. I read alot of books in the tub.
Glad you did the LIS...be prepared for more strange feelings and, if you look at your butt, things may look frankenbuttish. Also, be patient! I am 7 weeks now and feeling pretty good...
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 11 Jun 2011, 12:50

Congratulations, Lost! Now you can get moving toward your new, pain-free life :D
Many folks start taking baths right away. I waited for about a week and only took showers to clean the area. After the first week I took baths and then took a shower to wash off any lingering particles.
Take it real easy for a while. Get lots of rest, and as Frustrated said, don't fret about the Frankenbutt - that'll get better too!
Frustrated - I'm so happy you are feeling good these days!
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 11 Jun 2011, 16:20

Hey Lost, I was told by my CRS to start my baths the day after my lis/skin tag removal. I took them religiously,Lol and things healed pretty fast for me. I blow dried and aired my bare butt at night, so that gave me plenty of dry time. Good luck, hoping you have a speedy recovery :)