LIS surgery after childbirth

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: LIS surgery after childbirth

Postby Jbl22424 » 23 May 2014, 11:27

Hi bellastar, I'm 2 days post LIS and still having spasms. Pretty bummed because I know many people wake up and are spasm free. Did it take a while for yours to calm down or were you spasm free from day 1? Glad to hear you are doing so well, that must be so nice!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Flaneur » 13 Jun 2014, 06:45

Hi ladies, just wanted to sending you more healing vibes. So much of what you have all written here strikes a chord with me. I have a seven month old and have been suffering (literally suffering) with fissures and haemorrhoids for most if his life. Two surgeries (one for hems in February, one botox/fissurectomy 8 days ago) and today I've developed another thrombosed hem due to the botox. I just want to enjoy my kids while they're little but the constant pain and fear has me snappy and in tears all the time.
I'm still breastfeeding and won't give it up. Plus, my little one won't take a bottle. I'm sure the breastfeeding contributes to the fissures and to everything being loose down there, hence the hems too.
Anyway, not sure what my point is, just wanted to thank you for your post and honesty and wish you luck.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Jbl22424 » 13 Jun 2014, 10:45

Sorry that you are still suffering, Flaneur. Have you considered LIS? It was such a game changer for me. I'm so glad my doctor opted to give me LIS instead of botox because since the op, I have been able to enjoy motherhood again.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Flaneur » 13 Jun 2014, 11:54

My CRS didn't even mention CRS, only botox and some test where I'd be filled with dye and have to poop on X-ray?? I opted for botox as the test, if it showed the muscle was tight, would only lead to botox anyway. I'm only 8 days post botox, so still holding hope for it. So glad lis has helped you!
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby missy moo » 18 Jun 2014, 04:34

Hi everyone my son is 8 an a half months old now and I've have a fissure the whole time it appears then I heal it with rectogisic and laculose then its fine for two three weeks then it starts again it take about 10 days to 2 weeks to heal. I remember back when my son was two weeks old and reading storys of people suffering till their babies were months to a year old I remember thinking this is going to kill me I can't stand it I can't take it anymore I didn't think I too would suffer this long. I dont no why but last month the retear I was waiting for didn't come so I got a whole month off it was great the sad part was I got my hopes up an today the fissure appeared again I cried my eyes out I thought I was in the clear I guess not. I'm no longer breast feeding haven't been for two months now and so far not much change. I think my problem is a weak scar an a tight ring that needs stretching gently over time because if I have a movement that's not soft I will tear and no one can have soft movements all the time a bit harder movement should be fine the ring is ment to stretch a bit plus a weak scar it just gives way instead of a small stretch I don't no what else I can do now I've tried everything but surgery. Now I'm taking normacol granules to bulk slightly and help give a gentle stretch. Il post back in a month let u know how it goes. Please keep posting it helps to talk about it with people going through the same thing. Good luck everyone.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Jbl22424 » 18 Jun 2014, 09:08

Hi missy moo, sorry to hear you are still suffering. I had surgery myself and it has corrected my problem. Best of luck to you in your healing!
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NewMomInPain » 14 Oct 2014, 09:19

Hi Ladies,

I just want to thank you all for posting your stories. I have been suffering with a fissure since my son was three weeks -- he's five months now. My husband, family and friends are very supportive and sympathetic but since none of them have suffered with this issue, I've been feeling very alone. While I am so sorry we are all going through this, it does give me a little hope that I am not alone. I'm five weeks post- Botox and improved for one week and then the fissure reopened. I'm still breastfeeding my son a little everyday and plan to wean him by 6 months (even though the thought if that makes me terribly sad). My thought is maybe the hormone changes from breastfeeding (lack of estrogen, etc.) are keeping me from healing. If that doesn't work, it looks like surgery will be my last option...

I feel very fortunate that this issue is not life threatening. It is just very hard (as you know) to be in pain everyday when all I want is to enjoy this time with my beautiful little boy.

For those of you healing, I wish you continued success. And for those of you in my position, I wish you some relief soon.
NewMomInPain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1