LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Postby owmybum » 28 Jun 2013, 04:12

I hope you had a better bm this morning Edel!
Xxxx
OMB
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Ever the Optimist » 28 Jun 2013, 14:09

Edel,
It's so hard to see it right now but you will get there. This won't go on forever and you will reach a stage where you really will feel much better.
Just be really religious with your diet more than ever right now, don't overdo the fibre but don't underdo it either, drink lots & lots and stick with lots of soups/ fruits/ veggies/ salads too. Apple puree/ beans/ soft tinned fruits/ brown rice all really help me personally to maintain very soft but nicely formed stools that come out easily with no fear of doing damage. Keep with a stool softener that works for you too.
I know that Codeine based painkillers are not the best for fissure sufferers as they can cause harder stools or constipate some, so hoping your new ones are helping you much more.
Fear is vicious with a fissure because it makes that whole toilet process so much worse. Easier said than done I know, but if you can relax more on the toilet, your body will physically relax and you will be less tense mentally & physically when you need to go. I found almost inducing a meditative state on the toilet really helpful, by closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing calmly and visualised the stools passing from my body and expelling easily with no undue stress & strain. It really helped!
Maybe, try to find some techniques to help ease your stress levels generally (meditation/ relaxing music/ relaxation CDs/ walking a little) and just keep telling yourself all the time, that this is all just temporary, you're in recovery, it will pass, and every day you are getting better and better.
Hang in there!! You're going to be OK - honest. If you tell yourself these things enough times, (even if you don't quite believe them now) then you will be doing enough to start convincing your mind that you're on your way to healing.
Sending you a big hug and hoping you start to feel stronger and in less pain soon.......
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Ever the Optimist » 28 Jun 2013, 14:11

Ooops that was the hug xx
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 29 Jun 2013, 01:22

Hope you are feeling okay Edel. Hang on in there. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby torninhell » 29 Jun 2013, 10:00

Hi Edel... I absolutely know how it feels to be terrified and anxious to go to the toilet. I have been there and I am still there, especially with my monster poops. I worry everyday. But of course there's no way to get around it... what goes in must come out...
I am really hoping that changing pain killers will fix things for you... and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and crossing my fingers for no more pain! :) Good luck Edel!!!
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 29 Jun 2013, 15:24

Day 17
yeah im back to normal just a blip tg. No pain on bm no pain afterwards:) 
Im still bleeding from incision site more today than normal if i could just get this bleeding to stop id be happier.
ETO thank you so much for your words of comfort they really help. I try to relax on the loo but its so hard when the fear is in me for over a yr and a half now pg in time i will forget. thanks for the hug lol.
Rachael & OMB hope your botox is doing good for you both :)
Torn i dont know how you manage those monster poops everyday would you not consider a stool softener? or are your stools soft enough but just huge?
Deleted User 2543

Postby owmybum » 30 Jun 2013, 03:29

I'm relieved to hear it was just a blip and things have got back on track Edel.... Phew!!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 01 Jul 2013, 12:43

Day 19
Thanks OMB :) 
Still cant get my incision site to stop bleeding so annoying Image other than that im doing great just some mild pain form it.
Deleted User 2543

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Jul 2013, 13:52

Edel -
That's brilliant news that it was just a blip!! and very happy to read that and that you are back on track.
I know it's extremely hard to stop feeling scared about going for a BM - the fear almost becomes an automatic reaction when you feel you need to go, but these feelings can be softened a little, on a day by day basis, and especially as you start to heal and feel better, you'll begin to realise that going to toilet isn't as bad as you fear it will be afterall. I literally had to talk myself through it, out loud, when I was at my worst, that my BM will not be as bad as I thought it was going to be and actually it wasn't!
It's also a confidence thing I found - Firm belief and trust in yourself that you are eating the right things and that you will produce the soft stools you need, then complete faith that your body will act accordingly.
It is hard and it's having to relearn to think in a different way again but you will get there! I had a similar experience with my general toilet habits. I never knew what it was like NOT to strain at all - it's something I had always done. I had to completely learn a new way of pooping with no pushing and it was difficult! but I'm there now, and again, I just use positive thinking everytime coupled with good dietary habits to ensure that my stools evacuate easily and smoothly. This whole thing is a huge learning curve but you WILL get there in all respects Image
Ever the Optimist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 04 Jul 2013, 07:02

Hi Edel,
Sounds like you are back on track. Thinking of you. I agree with ETO, I never knew what it was like to poop without straining, but now I never do it! I wait until it just wants to slip out. TMI! Please keep positive, you will get there.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!