Long hot baths

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Long hot baths

Postby SunshineHope » 06 Jul 2007, 01:04

has anyone heard of potassium permanganate? someone gave me a small box and they said they used it in their bath when they had a similar problem (& that their doctor said it'd be helpful). I'm not sure if it's specifically for fissures though. They basically said to put a very tiny tiny amount into your bath tub when soaking and the water turns a pinkish/reddish colour. Any clue?
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2007, 06:05

put epsom salts in your bath will help restore some minerals that you will deplete through the hot water if you soak for long periods of time.
it's good for your muscles - so i would think it should be good for those 'anal' muscles too!
other than that, try to avoid soaking in 'soapy' or fragrant bath products because that will aggrevate more than help your fissure.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 06 Jul 2007, 09:46

I like to use iodized salt in my sitz baths. It seems to help a bit, even my newly acquired mini-roid. I'm not sure it would work in a bath tub, but a couple tablespoons in a sitzbath is marvelous. (It's also convenient not having to take off the suit during lunch and still getting the effect of the soaking.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2007, 11:47

SunshineHope wrote:has anyone heard of potassium permanganate? someone gave me a small box and they said they used it in their bath when they had a similar problem (& that their doctor said it'd be helpful). I'm not sure if it's specifically for fissures though. They basically said to put a very tiny tiny amount into your bath tub when soaking and the water turns a pinkish/reddish colour. Any clue?

I don't know about that Sunshine. You could try a small amount and see but I'm not familiar with it.