Long hot baths

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Long hot baths

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007, 17:04

Hello,:hi:

I have a question. Do you think it helps taking baths even when your not having spasms? I average 2/4 a day. Two of them are really long the about 1/2hour -45 min., the others are about 15mins. Does the warm water help heal the fissure by keeping the muscle from spasming? Does the water help the fissure itself? Does any one have any thoughts?? Thanks :)

Patty
:bom: Bye the wasy Happy 4th of July to everyone on the forum!!!!!!

Re: Long hot baths

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 03 Jul 2007, 17:56

From what I understand (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), the warm water helps stimulate blood flow down there, which is important for the healing process. So even if you're not having spasms, they should help the healing process.
Regardless of whether I'm experiencing pain on any given day, I still take 2-3 15 sitz baths.
Happy fourth to you too!
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jul 2007, 18:10

I agree with Steve completely, and needn't add anything to what he said. Increased blood flow = increased healing...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007, 18:36

I concur!
And Happy Fourth to Everyone!

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007, 18:41

Thanks Lecia, Steve and Kim!!!!

Happy 4th and
Happy Bath Tubs!!!

Patty

Postby SunshineHope » 04 Jul 2007, 03:29

Yuppers. I never have spasms and never have had any, I just have dullness or soreness on some occasions (e.g. sometimes after a BM). I still take hot baths whenever I can though to aid the healing and I think it has been helping quite a bit. Just have to do it more often.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 04 Jul 2007, 07:26

i would recommend taking one hot bath if you need to per day but the other times, simply get a nice little bucket, cup, bowl or what have you around, and maybe get a soft little wash cloth that you can soak in some hot hot water and make it into a pad or ball or whatever, and like compress it against the anus.
this way, you are not wasting water and long hot baths for the rest of your body are not good for you and/or your skin.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2007, 14:28

Hey,

Thanks for the responses. My baths have been helping me out greatly. I usually use warm water not to hot unless the pain is intense. This is very relaxing to me because this AF is stressful and it also can help period cramps.I also use lotion after my bath in the morning. I hope everyone is feeling good today Happy bathing to everyone...

Patty

Postby dano » 05 Jul 2007, 20:31

does anyone put anything in the water...or is is just plain warm water? ive never had a sitz bath,i have let warm water from the shower kinda make its way down there,it does seem to help some....
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 05 Jul 2007, 20:32

I used Epsom salts and I noticed a difference when I used them pain and healing wise!