Low pressure fissure - what next?

Treatment options

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Low pressure fissure - what next?

Postby JenM » 30 Jun 2016, 01:52

Hi - am new to the forum so please bear with me!
I had my little boy 14 months ago and developed a fissure during labour.
Was given the two creams then had Botox but these didn't work unfortunately.
Had tests done on the pressure of bum and ultrasound (ouchy!!) on Monday at Birmingham (uk) hospital and apparently my fissure is a low pressure one so muscles in bum not in spasm so that is possibly why the previous treatments didn't work.
I am back for appt with consultant on the 15th - I just wondered if there are any other people on the forum who have been in my situation and what treatment options they might suggest? Just so I have an idea what I might be going in to!
Thanks very much for your help,
Jen xx
JenM

Topics: 1

Re: Low pressure fissure - what next?

Postby Manitourose » 01 Jul 2016, 06:33

Hi JenM -- So sorry to hear you are having to join us, but rest assured there is a lot of good information here. Congrats on your little boy. There are quite a few women who are or have been on this forum who developed a fissure during childbirth. You can check the "search" feature in the top right if you haven't.

Hopefully someone will come along with more advice and may be in the UK as well to be familiar with options. Mine was a low pressure, or rather no spasm so the creams were not particularly useful, so I feel your frustration on that. I had a different background so mine isn't useful in this case. Just do you best to keep up with baths to help with the healing in the meantime. That helped me a lot and many others. Wishing you the best!
Manitourose

Topics: 14