Metamucil

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Metamucil

Postby cherylk » 26 Sep 2008, 08:55

Wow, Brandon, I am again duly impressed with everything. Thank you for the explanation. You seem so intelligent. I liked math, but never took physics.
Lecia,
I sense that you are in a better mood. Am I right about that?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 09:03

There is one problem with Fybogel and me.....availability!
As of December I will be relocated from the UK to upstate NY, where Fybogel is scarce and having it shipped to the US is a nightmare of a hassle. If I find that Metamucil coarse is the same thing, which I hope that it is, then there's no issue at all.
Fybogel is only available as the chug-a-licious drink that you have just seen. Its not overly pleasant, the taste grows on you, but its efficacy cannot be beat. I owe my success in the fissure dept down to its properties!
Has anyone tried Metamucil coarse?
-Brendan

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 09:13

I don't know anything about Metamucil coarse but there is a product called Konsyl which is similar. I used to add a few spoonfuls to my smoothie in the morning and it really helped a lot. My husband uses it every day and notices a big difference when he travels and forgets it. I would imagine Metamucil coarse is about the same but I can personally vouch for Konsyl.
Yes I am in a better mood. I think it helps to have some idea of what is going on and not have run out of things to try.

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 12:55

Brendon Image
I love it !!!! :D
I don’t have the answers but I loved the videos that is so cool !!
Have you left these concoctions overnight?
In the past I have used Regucol (pyslium with prebtiocs - Holland and Barrett ) and did a little experiment myself , When I saw my testing the next morning it freaked me out the how the psyllium was so very thick just like wallpaper paste !! Image
What about lepicol ? I believe this is coarse very much like fybogel !

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Sep 2008, 13:39

I think it is all individual like everything else Image . For me Metamucil in any form worked wonders - had fluff poop without any problem - extra fluids or not , and yes, I do pee a lot LOL. BUT _ I was never constipated and do not have that tendency - so probably that is why Metamucil worked so well.
On the contrary - since my second surgery - bulk is just painful for me so I do not use it at all. I now have to use stool softeners (like Colace) and to have it uber soft but thin and I will have it that way until I heal.
So, we all have to experiment with stuff until we find what works for "us" and why it works, or why not we will never know LOL The answer is in our genes so even Tesla will not help us with this problem LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 26 Sep 2008, 14:07

Brendon,
I use Metamucil course. Where are you going to attend grad school???
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 15:27

Cheryl,
SUNY at Buffalo, NY. I can't wait. Upstate NY gets very cold though!
Does Metamucil coarse swell up very fast?
:D
-Brendan

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 15:30

Tabby wrote:Brendon Image
I love it !!!! :D
I don’t have the answers but I loved the videos that is so cool !!
Have you left these concoctions overnight?
In the past I have used Regucol (pyslium with prebtiocs - Holland and Barrett ) and did a little experiment myself , When I saw my testing the next morning it freaked me out the how the psyllium was so very thick just like wallpaper paste !! Image
What about lepicol ? I believe this is coarse very much like fybogel !

I need something similar to Fybogel that is available in the USA. It will cost me unbelievable sums of money to ship Fybogel from the UK to the USA.
Did you find the Regucol work very well for you? Better than Fybogel?
-Brendan

Postby Guest » 26 Sep 2008, 16:14

I am not sure if lepicol is available in the US ! check it out !!
I did prefer regucol over fybogel for some reason or other probley for the prebiotics !
It worked a treat for me - goodtimes ! my mistake was thinking i didnt need it anymore :roll:
:flush:

Postby cherylk » 26 Sep 2008, 16:29

Brendan,
I am certain that you can find a similar product in the US. That would be ridiculous to ship it here. Where do you live in the UK?
Buffalo will be quite cold. Do you like football? They have the Buffalo Bills NFL team there. I had a bf once from Cornell (also in NY) and a roommate from SUNY while attending the U of Colorado in Boulder summer school. There may be multiple sites of SUNY, and I don't know where she attended. Good luck in your studies. Are you excited about coming to the US? I do not seem to have a prob with the Metamucil course, Brandon. It is so difficult in that we all are so different from each other in how we react to these supplements. Do you feel that your fissure is healed? I think you tried the ointment if I am not mistaken. I get each person's scenarios confused unless I take notes. I was going to give you the airplane, but it seems to have disappeared, so I will give you the globe instead. We can be your "mother hens" over here if you have questions about stuff. I have been the "adopted mom" for some folks in the past!! Image
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP