My botox experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My botox experience

Postby Guest » 26 Jul 2007, 14:20

Hi Cinderella,
I remember going to see the doctor thinking I had AF still because I was still having the same kind of pain. He checked and said that I had healed but I was still having pain from the skin tag. It has quieted down since then but I wonder if the doctor could not find a fissure if you do really have one. Maybe the pain could be from the hemorrhoids?
Without them visualizing an AF it seems unlikely that they would want to do an LIS. I am glad though you are having more good days than bad. That is very good news and encouraging as you want to consider another pregnancy soon. I would think in a year's time you will be doing better.
Do they recommend any non-surgical ways to deal with the hemmies like rubber band ligation?

Postby happyass » 26 Jul 2007, 14:28

hi cinderella,
how exciting it is to prepare planning for a wee little one! i applaud you for that. and i am quite envious that you have the choice and ability to do so.....all i can do is get fish and cats and one day a pug :-)
anyway, i am not sure where you are on your path to healing and what you have tried or not have tried yet. as i read other people's postings here as of late, i can't help but to suggest to try the following additions to your diet:
1. flax oil gel capsules
2. fish oil - omega 3-6-9 - gel capsules
3. aloe vera juice all natural (2-3x per day)
of course, this is all complemented well by a anal fissure diet which can be different things to each of us, but one that is high in fiber, whole grains and veggies and a cut back (or total elimination) of red meats, dairy, and spicy foods as well as those that can dehydrate the body.
i don't know if you have tried the above combination, but there have been at least four people now recently that are experiencing good results.
i wish you well on your mommy endeavours cinderella and i hope you don't have to deal with both labor pains and af pains to boot!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby happyass » 26 Jul 2007, 14:30

also as an alternative to healing, please try to consult a chinese herbal doctor that also does well with acupuncture. this may or may not help you but it's worth giving a try.
they have herbal treatments and acupuncture treatments for all sorts of vein problems - like spider veins and well, hemmys too.
best of luck,
happyass
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 30 Jul 2007, 12:17

glad to hear your eperience was painless. Mine was virtually so.

After reading your post, i am wondering if we are suffering from the same thing. I attribute my itching/burning to a miniroid I got a couple of days before the surgery, but I do think the injection irritated it. It has been four weeks for me, and the itching burning is slowly subsiding. Some days there is very little, and I fell normal. Other days, it is definitely noticable, more annoying than painful. Is that what yours is like?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Cinderella » 06 Aug 2007, 06:48

When I had the itch it was all the time and it was terrible but then it suddenly stopped almost totally. I still have some itch time to time but is not bad at all.
I saw my doctor again. I have seen two doctors that one who did the hemorrhoid surgery for me and then that one who put the botox for me. Now I saw that doctor who has done the hemorrhoid surgery.
She said that I have one very bad looking internal hemorrhoid but she could not find any AF. I said I know that I have an AF so, she put the instrument bit deeper and I felt a horrible pain. My fissure re-opened and then the doctor said oh yes you have also an AF. So nice! Now I have much worse pain than I have had for months! She said that I should wait until the end of the year and then consider LIS if it does not heal.
However she said that she never recommends the surgery to any young woman who will still get kids because of the risk of incontinence. She said that is unlikely that I will be incontinent after the LIS is done but when I will be older it is a huge risk to get problems of holding gas and even bowels. Her opinion was that the best option would be to struggle through all pregnancies what I have planned and after that have LIS if needed. Even I will ask for c-section she said that the pregnancy is often causing hidden injuries for the rectal area and therefore all surgeries for that area should be avoided until there will not be any pregnancies anymore.
I do not really know what to do. I definitely want to have more kids ( I have almost dreamed on 3 or 4 kids). I am just scared how can I manage the time when I am pregnant, especially now because my fissure has been so much worse after the checking. She said that if my situation is not manageable I can of course have the LIS but she strongly recommends to avoid that.
Thank you again for your advices. I started aloe juice one week ago and I will start fish oil also.
I cannot describe how much I hate this AF!! She said that the hemorrhoid cannot be cut because of the AF. It is a risk that I will get an other AF.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 08 Aug 2007, 15:04

That must be frustrating! I am surprised that she said she won't do an LIS since you want to have more children. There are a few women here who have had it done who had not started or were finished with their families. But I can see how your doctor would like to be conservative. Childbirth is very traumatic to the pelvic floor though with or without surgery and before or after surgery. I would think since you are having a c-section your risk would be much, much smaller since you are not having to pass the baby through the birth canal and potentially injuring that area.
Sorry to hear that the fissure is worse and that they won't do anything about the hemorrhoid. I wonder why they can't do a rubber band ligation?