My first question....raw sensation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My first question....raw sensation

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 20:25

After going through most of this forum, I have a question that I cant seem to find the answer to. If my fissure is internal then how come I feel a raw, sore feeling externally from my anus all they way to my inside cheeks. I am following my Drs instructions (sitting in the tub, fiber and lots of water and nitro cream) but I still have a sensation of being unclean and this raw feeling. Thanks for your help.
John

Re: My first question....raw sensation

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Jul 2007, 20:53

Is it a stretched, raw feeling?
Fissures are usually quite close to the anal opening and some may even be right at the opening, which may be your case.
That might help explain those sensations, your doctor could tell you how near "daylight" it actually is...[/u]
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 10 Jul 2007, 14:19

are you still straining to have a BM?
if so, you may have an irritated thrombosed vien or not. those can be external and hang out at the end of the fissure when it compensates during straining in order to not put pressure on the fissure itself.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007, 21:31

I am not sure what you mean by "stretched". It feels almost chaffed(sp?) like my cheeks have been rubbing together. Maybe too moist down there or too dry? I go back to the Dr next week and see what he has too say. I am sure he will suprise band my hemoroid again....

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2007, 22:24

I think it is a good idea to keep that area relatively dry. I know some of the boardies here use a hairdryer. Some moisture is good for healing of course but too much can cause some irritation ie. butt sweats.
Yeah, I know about the surprise bandings. Helllo!

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2007, 07:20

Surprise bandings??? Is that like when you got a sliver as a kid and your mom said let me just take a look at it and then she yanked it out before you could run away? Just wondering.

Postby happyass » 11 Jul 2007, 07:26

bad year,
that is a powerful avatar picture! quite sums up the feeling of bm with a fissure, doesn't it? except add some razor blades to it and some salt to pour into the cuts.
anyway, i am probably the biggest advocate for blow drying down there. do this after every shower/bath and whenever you feel wet/sweat down there. you need to keep it dry to help with not creating more ways for bad bacteria to grow. but after you blow dry, you want to help soothe the skin and help it retain any elasticity is has remaining by nourishing it with something like palmers cocoa butter with vitamin e. you can get this at target or wal-mart for like $3-$4.
i also recommend soothing with natural aloe vera - buy a plant and use it.
are you using anything with witch hazel by any chance? are you using soap to cleanse your butt when showering? if you said yes to either one - STOP!
when you bath, don't soap that area. and make sure no soap gets in there.
the chaffeing feeling i can relate too when i over-dried the area via use of witchhazel or by irritating it with wiping too much with toilet paper.
use baby moist wipes.
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 13:51

Update....I went to CRS to today...Good news...my fissure is healing over. The not so bad news....suprise banding number 3. The other somewhat interesting, not so bad news is that the symptoms I described in my original post are that of a yeast infection. He gave me some generic Lotrisone(Clotrimazole/Betameth) cream. I will keep you posted. Time to hit the fiber....

Postby happyass » 18 Jul 2007, 14:47

john, did you get the banding of the hemmy right then and there?
did he do an anoscope to get in and band the sucker? didn't that hurt?
did he have to numb your area first and was that even painful?
wow - you've been thru a lot today. so you had a yeast infection? that is why it is important to keep down there very very dry and then moisturize after blow drying.
anyway, i wish you happy healing!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 15:10

I bet that's why tinactin works to help heal so many fissures. I think far more people get anal yeast infections that usually accounted for. (I read about tinactin on another site, but the women's equivalent didn't work for me.)
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67