My standardized Anal Dilatation this morning

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My standardized Anal Dilatation this morning

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 21 Jan 2012, 11:24

Thank you, wecc.
I appreciate that. I'm just trying to get all the info I can, regarding treatments, etc.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Savaici » 22 Jan 2012, 21:08

Hi wecc,
I too would appreciate knowing if you get any info on different doctors doing this. You gave me the site for the place that did yours, but would like to know if there are any options apart from NYC that you know of. Thanks a lot for anything you can pass on.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cherylk » 23 Jan 2012, 06:26

Hi Sav,
I know you've been battling this for awhile. How are you doing?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Savaici » 23 Jan 2012, 09:17

Hi Cheryl,
Having ups and downs. Thanks for asking :) . Planning the next step, and taking a day at a time. Hope you are well. Always so happy to hear of those that are doing well as that gives hope. Just would like to see the end of it, and to have my life back the same as it was. But, I smile and get on with it, grateful for the good moments, happy that I have a husband who loves me and puts up with my moans about it all.
Hope that you are doing really well yourself, C!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby cherylk » 23 Jan 2012, 12:21

Sav,
It always helps to have a supportive spouse/SO! I had a colonoscopy last Friday, and it went well. Very relieved about that. Best wishes for your healing!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby wecc » 23 Jan 2012, 16:53

Hello all…
I just had my post AD appointment with my CRS this morning. He said that my AF was 98% healed. I told him I was just amazed with how this went and that I did not even need Advil the day of the surgery. As most of you reed, I was 100% back to where I was prior to this chronic AF almost the next day. He said that is very typical regardless of age or gender.
As I said, I have had a great deal of PM’s about this and I asked him a few question which most of you asked me….
Do you have to perform this more than once?:
75% of the time, it only takes 1 AD to get the full results
25% have to have another one where the success rate is 95%
Once your AF heals, will you have to have this preformed in the future given your anal area is mostly muscle?
Only if you have another chronic AF. A misconception is that an LIS is permanent. It is for that Fissure.
However the misconception is you cannot get another AF…that is not true at all.
If this work so well why are other CRS not offering this?
He just did not give it up that so fast. I asked if is it because surgeon are surgeons. He response was that this new type of AD is not taught here in the states. CRS’s would have to go take time off from their practice, learn and get certified on this. I will say that I found out that in Germany, AD are 40% less than LIS’s. So again draw your own conclusion. Also he stated that the compactions with a LIS is much greater then is told.
As I said in one of my past post, the CRS is affiliated with two major hospitals here in the NY area, one being a very well known teaching hospital. Which by the way he was on the board. He has also been award one of the top doctors in the NY area two year in a row. My point is that I trust his opinion 100%. Also he has performs over 400 LIS and said he has no plans to perform another one given the success he have with AD’s with no compactions.
BTW, from what he told me he will be summiting a several year study to the American CRS organization next year on the success of Standardized Anal Dilation.
So for those of you who still question the “this sound too good to be true”…you have seen my research, reed my posts, you have seen my personal experience with an S.A.D and how I was up and running the next day. Again I have my beliefs why this is so successful in other developed countries and not offered here in the U.S.
It’s been 3 weeks post and I can say I am 100% back to normal. In fact for the most part I was 100% the first week! I started running again, I resumed my travel, I just started indoor Lacrosse league. I have no pain at all…… well not in the AF area that is.
I am just wanted to thank everyone for their support during this year long ordeal. I am pretty much out of here. God bless and do remember there is light at the end of the tunnel even when you feel hopeless!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 23 Jan 2012, 17:50

wecc, congrats on your recovery!
Did you ask him about other crs in the U.S., who might be performing this type of AD?
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 24 Jan 2012, 07:14

wecc,
Maybe you could list your doctor's name and address in case others might be interested in seeing him. This sounds like a great alternative to LIS. With any surgery (no matter how minor) there are always risks and chances of complications.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Savaici » 24 Jan 2012, 08:59

I am not sure if wecc will be back, so in case he is not, this is the site and the name of the doctor:
http://www.colonandrectalsurgeons.com/
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 24 Jan 2012, 10:48

Thanks, savaici -
I'm in CA - so, I really wish there was a crs here closer - even in a nearby state, who did the AD.
I've had half a mind to jump on a plane and head to Long Island - but I did call their office, and they've yet to return my call, even though they were very nice on the phone. Even if I did go there, I'd have to fly back again for a follow-up, and that's really out of the question for me to manage.
Still, it's good to have the information.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure