My Story

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My Story

Postby Sunshine99 » 24 Sep 2016, 12:19

First before I talk about what I am going through I want to thank this wonderful community for all the support they provide. I was diagnosed with a small fissure at the 12 o'clock position about 4 months ago. I can't recall any incident where it occurred but the doctor confirmed it is a fissure. I did not have any real pain when having bowel movements but have felt pressure and pinching over the four months. There was a couple weeks when I thought it had gone away but it came back. I am in a job that I sit for 8 hours a day so this probably is not helping the condition.

The latest feelings I have been having are really just a dull ache. It's not serious but it's always nagging at me. I also notice over the four months that my digestive patterns have changed. Sometimes it's diarrhea but mainly just loose stools and the feeling of not emptying. I have always had high anxiety so I believe this may be playing a part although my anxiety has really not been any worse over these four months but perhaps it was building for so long that it has mainfested in this condition. In the past it was my lower back where the pain was but now my back is fine.

Any advice or encouragement would be gratefully appreciated.
Sunshine99

Topics: 2

Re: My Story

Postby Happyending » 24 Sep 2016, 22:34

Sunshine99, sorry you are suffering. My fissure also started out pretty benign, no pain at all, just some blood sometimes. That was two years ago. Fast forward, I just had surgery (LIS) two days ago. The lesson? Treat your fissure while it's still acute. Once it's chronic it gets a lot harder and your options are quite limited.
Happyending
Salt Bather

Topics: 4