My story

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

My story

Postby JHH » 19 Mar 2013, 13:50

Well... Actually im just reserving this space for now, but I will return when healed! :D
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Re: My story

Postby Savaici » 19 Mar 2013, 20:39

Good idea :D ! Positive thinking!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby The End is Nitrate » 21 Mar 2013, 17:58

I'm joining this cause too! Oh, how liberating to poo without fear!
The End is Nitrate
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby marg6043 » 21 Mar 2013, 19:22

Yes, I been having those more often this days, I mean forgeting that once the toilet and BMs were my enemy, well yesterday I was in a panic when the stomach bug hit me.
But we can never get our guard down after experiencing a fissure it always be in the back of our minds even after healing.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby sgtsparky » 29 Mar 2013, 00:38

but why would people with success be visiting an af forum :/ .
sgtsparky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Luka » 29 Mar 2013, 18:22

sgtsparky wrote:but why would people with success be visiting an af forum :/ .

Granted, a lot of people who have successfully healed their fissure(s) probably would not come back to post here. But some people will and do so that it can give hope to other people in healing theirs. I will be tracking my healing on here, not just for myself, but to help other people.
January 2013 - Diagnosed with fissure. Eventually turned chronic.
History of IBS and anxiety disorder, along with fear of using bathrooms other than my own caused it.
Tried Diltiazem, but eventually developed a rash.
LIS surgery scheduled August 26th.
Luka
VIP

Topics: 38

Postby Savaici » 30 Mar 2013, 17:53

The whole idea of Success Stories, is for people who come to the forum thinking that they cannot get over the hell called an Anal Fissure, and who then do not have to read just tales of woe - that we have all had - but have a place to read about those who have had success, and believe me there are many, scattered around the forum.
There is now a place to read the good news too!
Last edited by Savaici on 31 Mar 2013, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cherylk » 30 Mar 2013, 20:09

Yes, Sav, many have healed (including myself), but most go on their merry way(s).
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Ever the Optimist » 01 Apr 2013, 03:10

sgtsparky wrote:but why would people with success be visiting an af forum :/ .
Good point Sparky......I'm 99% healed and have been for a while with no symptoms but I come back to this site:
1) Because I'm aware I had this issue, I do not EVER want a repeat of the year I had whilst dealing with it and always research new ways/ ideas of keeping things as they are and new developments in treatment of AFs.
2) I have found a few people on the site I am very fond of and have a lot of respect for, dealing with similar issues at the same time and I am here to see how they are doing and to offer them support and comfort through their own suffering.
3) Finally I am also here to support ANYONE dealing with these issues as I have been through a lot myself. A few kind words and support can turn someone's day around and give them that desperately needed hope in beating this horrid ordeal. I am a genuinely giving, loving and kind individual, who cares a lot about other people, whether I know them personally or not and if I can help someone out I always will.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby clakin1536 » 18 Apr 2013, 09:20

I just had my second BM w/o pain...this is the hardest thing I've ever dealt with. Still w/the help of stool softer from the doc. I was very surprise this morning.
I've been dealing w/this for 3 weeks, decided to stop eating completely for 4 days, only juice, lemon water and jello, this was very hard, making dinner every night for my husband, not to cheat. I kept thinking if I don't eat, I don't poop and I wouldn't use my butt, so it should heal. Did start eating fish, berries,pears breakfast bars - little by little the pain was better - I wasn't burying my head in a bath towel crying, my poor husband had to go outside not to hear me, he felt so helpless, but he was there for me. Last night I had salmon, brown rice (I was very scared about this one) and asparagus, chewing the food more than I normally would, (taking advise from people on the forum) I never ate so slowly. I have never been so hungry is all my life, I have lost over 20lbs. which is a good thing as I weighed 240 - now 224 as of 4/12 when I finally went to a doc. We both have been unemployed since 12/12 - no health insurance, finally found a place that would take me, the doc. pre. a rectal foam ($106.00) had to use my house pymt money, only to find out that you insert (what the heck you have a sore butt) and the foam liquidify after a minute, so let's just say $106.00 WHAT A WASTE!!!! I
I going to keep to what has been working for a month.. and then I'll try a burger
clakin1536
Fibre Addict