New at this help ...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New at this help ...

Postby Ardp » 11 Sep 2011, 21:31

hello ....
i found this site i hoped that u could help ...
i started having AF almost 2 weeks ago
at first there was some blood but it stooped in less then a day there was no pain with stool and nothing just a little discomfort then i thought it was gone ... but after one week i had my period and it started again there was no bleeding or pain just the same discomfort and what i think you call spasm i did not think it was related so i ignored thought it came with the period but it kept getting worse and more spasming ...
i don't know what to do i don't want to go to the Doctor at all ... pleas help me
if there is something i should be taking tell me ... i just don't want it to get worse
i have been drinking a lot of water and eating fiber and that worked for 1 day my stool was not hard .. still not but not small too
so help me ...
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New at this help ...

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2011, 21:57

Hey there,
Sorry you have a fissure. There's some really good info on here and since your fissure is acute, you have a really good shot at healing it. Baths, diet, stool softners are really important. You want to have super soft bm's. Many of us have found Miralax to be a life saver. You also want to avoid sharp food like nuts, chips, pop corn as the don't always digest well and can scrape coming out. Red meat should be avoided and anything that can cause harder bm's. Some find dairy can make harder bm's...
I know going to the dr. sucks and can be embarrassing, but it's really a good idea to get one of the prescribed ointments such as Diltiazem, Nitro, etc...before your fissure becomes Chronic( over 6 weeks). GP's don't always have the knowledge that a Colorectal Surgeon(CRS) does with fissures and often prescribe hem creams which are useless and can actually make things worse as they thin the skin after prolong use( 2 weeks).
Period time can cause harder Bm's for some Image ,You may find taking a stool softener such as Miralax will take care of that.

Postby Guest » 11 Sep 2011, 22:00

Pss... Keep up with the water intake!
Please take a look around and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There are some nice folks on here who will be happy to help and offer support:)

Postby Ardp » 11 Sep 2011, 22:14

Ok .. Thank you for responding so quickly i will try to get the Miralax... Q: can i use vaseline or i shouldn't ??
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2011, 05:05

Your welcome! Vaseline should be ok to use. I always made sure the area was clean and dry before applying the vaseline. I used a hand held shower wand and would either pat dry or blow dry on cool and then apply the vaseline.

Postby Ardp » 12 Sep 2011, 19:26

Thank you really i feel a lot more hopeful ... when you say acute as in not that serious or as in bad ?
and i don't have pain it's only the spasm or cramp in the end of my back that is recurring is that normal ?? what can i do ?
also i eat an orange first thing after i wake up i think it works as a softener... and shut down my apatite for hours after ... :)
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2011, 21:44

Acute fissures are less than 6 weeks old. Once they become chronic, they are much harder if not impossible to heal without some kind of medical intervention such as surgery or botox.
The spasms are normal and can be horrible especially in the acute phase. You really need to see a CRS and get one of the ointments mentioned above for fissures. They can help relax the sphincter muscle which is in spasm and promote blood flow.
The baths are also really helpful and will relax the muscle also. You need to keep them warm if it means letting water out and adding more for at least 20 min 3x's a day or more. I say as many as you can!
I'm not sure about the oranges. Acidic foods can cause burning for some.
Good luck!

Postby Ardp » 13 Sep 2011, 16:05

Hi ... well i bought from the pharmacy
. new healar its an ointment
. ezilax
hopefully they well work
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Postby Ardp » 13 Sep 2011, 16:18

sorry its neo healar
Ardp
Fibre Addict

Postby Ardp » 03 Oct 2011, 14:04

Hi ....
so it been 3 weeks since i started the neo healar it was really good ... the spasm are a lot less some days i don't have them ... i went to the doc a week ago she said to continue with the neo healar and give me procto glyvenol
to use after word ... is it any good ??
of cores i have been a good girl and kept my diet and bathes and water ...
the extra thing i do which helped is i drink honey with water 1/4 cup every day first thing after waking up ... thank you ...^^
Ardp
Fibre Addict