New here- been reading for a while

5mo in

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here- been reading for a while

Postby ESun » 12 Apr 2018, 10:39

Ok, so the only thing i can say is it will go away! Suddenly i had no more spasm starting 2 weeks ago.
I use magnesuim Calm morning and night 600mg each time (its the only way my stools stay soft like soft serve ice cream), 10 cups water a day, eat fruits veggies an egg or two lots of oils avocado fish and no processed no yucky foods, just creative w Healthful deserts made from coconut products etc, no grains or legumes as they make my stools bigger which hurts!
I have been in physical therapy for pelvic floor therapy for 6 weeks, and I was using diltiazem ointment for over a month. I don’t know if I can tell you the ointment had any work in this healing and stopping of spasm worked but I was on it!
Now I will keep this diet forever, always finding ways to add flavor and it’s enjoy living a healthful life w this diet. Just takes creativity!
ESun
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby PreggoAF » 12 Apr 2018, 11:34

I totally hear that. I got my first AF about 3 weeks postpartum with my first child under the same circumstances as your’s. I had bad hems after delivery and pushing for so long, then didn’t know to take stool softener so things got worse. Had a couple hard BMs and ended up with a fissure. That first time I was able to heal it with magnesium to make my stools smooth and Proctofoam which is a cortisone foam. (I now know that I should have stayed away from cortisone as it thins the skin.) I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with this postpartum. It’s so hard to take care of yourself when you’ve got a newborn! I do think the BFing plays a role somehow because so many BFing women complain of them even when they’re not constipated. Perhaps it’s hormonally related? In any case, i hope the nitro and smooth BMs does the trick for you. Diltiazem healer mine this time but took 6 weeks or so of use. Maybe yours will still heal? Where is yours located and do you have a sentinel tag? My CRS said that many people need LIS surgery after having their fissure for too long because it causes the sphincter muscle to be tight and form scar tissue which prevents it from relaxing properly. This leads to daily rectal pain and high likelihood of retearing. I’m going to have it done if I retear because I’m tired of dealing with this!
Chronic fissure: January 2018
Diltiazem since Feb 2018
Miralax and Magnesium
LIS, tag removal, hems banded: July 2018
PreggoAF
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissuredhell » 12 Apr 2018, 22:36

Im having trouble keeping posting responses !
Fissuredhell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby M54321 » 25 Apr 2018, 09:36

Hey! I’ve been suffering from an AF for two months. Got it 6 weeks after delivering my baby. I’m wondering if you guys healed. I also suspect that the hormones from breastfeeding are somehow to blame for my failure to death, so I’m wondering if yours healed and whether that corresponds to when you stopped breastfeeding. Thanks so much!
M54321

Postby PostpartumPainAF » 25 Apr 2018, 10:04

I wouldn't say I've healed yet, but I've gone 6 days without spasm pain (!!!). I exclusively breast feed (pump during work), no plans to stop, and I am on the road to recovery. I would say that using nitro ointment, frequent baths and kegels (definitely kegels!) helped with my healing and it definitely helped with spasm pain. I noticed a much speedier recovery after I started doing frequent kegels. I think it helped bring blood to those muscle and strengthen all muscles down there. My doctor didn't specifically recommend them but I noticed that they helped with the spasms so I started doing them more. I'm hoping the pain doesn't come back! It took about 2.5 months for me to get here so it could just be time helped heal too. Hope this helps!
PostpartumPainAF