new here but see myself in alot of posts

anal stenosis / dilation

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new here but see myself in alot of posts

Postby myrear » 06 Apr 2016, 22:08

Hi all, I see so much of me and my story here on this forum, I could post in every category almost. a little about me. I'm a male 54. Issues started mid 30's with a bleeding internal hemorrhoid just inside. Had shots over a couple of weeks into it and all was good. Doc says you probably should have a colonoscopy which came out ok but caused an anal fissure. Nitro cream finally got rid of that. Years later another routine colonoscopy causes an abscessed anal gland. Batting 1000. So I have to have surgery because a month of antibiotics did not fix it. So not knowing any better during surgery I have the surgeon remove two large skin tags that were annoying me just because I felt not clean after using the rest room. Today I know I have some anal stenosis. Some of the stories here are far worse than mine but you just know when things are not the same. Four things causes stenosis/// fissures, abscess glad removal, skin tag removal, and hemorrhoid surgery. I have had 3 of 4. My question was to anal dilation. I just read an article elsewhere that dilation has fallen out of favor because of anal incontinence. That would be the last thing I would want. So really looking for answers from anyone who has had success or failure with doing this. Just had my third routine colonoscopy in November, Doc did not break anything this time, but he says, " I don't see any scar tissue". Basically telling me I'm crazy and discounted my concerns. But when you use to pass large and now medium is a struggle I know my body. Any replies are welcome and thank you so much for putting this site together.
myrear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: new here but see myself in alot of posts

Postby Savaici » 07 Apr 2016, 12:36

:wel: :wel: :wel:

Have a look at my thread. Any questions, just ask :smilyhug:

Best search is above, between FAQ and Portal where you can search by topic.

post119934.html?hilit=Pediatric#p119934
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby myrear » 07 Apr 2016, 20:06

Thanks for the reply. I wrote something and pushed Submit and it went away.... Trying again. I had seen the pediatric dilators in another thread here somewhere. I read your posts and looks like this worked for you. Just always concerned about doing something different. Not wanting to make things worse. The lube sliquid stuff, is that sterile? I know doctors use sterilube. Introducing bacteria can definitely cause problems too.
myrear
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 08 Apr 2016, 19:39

I used Sliquid for 18 months with no problem. I am extremely careful about cleanliness. Dilation definitely did not 'make things worse' or I would not be recommending it as something that worked for me. Suzyljank, one of our moderators, still dilates after having double flap surgery, as her surgeon suggested. I have not heard of anyone on the group who found that dilation did not help them. After all, it is the muscle that gets so tight through spasming that you want to stop it from doing that, and that is what happened for me.

Good luck, whatever you choose!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby myrear » 09 Apr 2016, 07:34

Thank you again for the reply. I will see if I can find her and follow her posts. Also I will do my research on the Sliquid lube as to where I can purchase if I choose to proceed. thanks again.
myrear
Fibre Addict