New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here

Postby dav1d » 17 Jun 2012, 14:29

Hello all.
I live in the UK and last week I was diagnosed with having an AF and are using Glycerin Trinitrate for treatment. I have not passed a stool for 7 days and so was also prescribed Laxido.
I have extreme difficulty and considerable pain when urinating.
In fact most of my pain is from the worsening inability to urinate and i am spending approximately 5-6 hours a day in the bathroom trying to go. In order to urinate i have to strain to push it out, but i am aware this slows down healing of the fissure itself.
I have complained about the pain and increasing difficulty to urinate to a number of health professionals including 2 real-world consultations but none have even engaged with me on it.
I also get pain shooting from my anus down my legs and also through my genitals into the glans of my penis. This pain is constant for approximately 90% of the time i am awake; it only eases for an hour or 2 after I have eventually urinated.
Is the increasing difficulty to urinate normal? If so, is there anything that can make urination easier?
Are the pains in my legs etc normal (even if rare)?
Last edited by dav1d on 17 Jun 2012, 14:40, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: additional remembered information & typo
dav1d

Topics: 1

Re: New here

Postby Jimmy7223 » 15 Jun 2015, 19:24

Hi David,

I see it has been a few years since you posted and certainly hope things have improved for you over the last few years. I am suffering with similar urinary issues. In fact, the pain from the fissure is not nearly as bad as the discomfort of having the constant feeling of needing to urinate.

We're your symptoms similar? How did everything turn out? We're you able to get burned and if so how?

Thanks,
Jimmy7223
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4