New here

Where do I start?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here

Postby Superdad » 20 Oct 2013, 18:39

I'm a 33 y/o male. For a few years now, off and on I've had anal itching and pain. My doctor pretty much diagnosed me over the phone and gave me stuff to treat (Hem). It didn't help. After about a year I would have bleeding after a bowel movement. I was finally given the finger check and all was clear. So the doctor sent me to have a colonoscopy. Clear there too. I was given Colace and a fiber supplement, both of which hurt really bad as it passed through my intestines. Then one day I had a really hard stool and bled a lot. I went in to the doctor and he once again checked me for (Hem) and said that I was fine and that maybe I needed to seek out mental health cause he seemed to think I was making this up. So I dealt with this for a few more weeks, soaking in warm baths a couple times a day. Finally I had my wife (REALLY) check me out down there. She said it looked like I had a few tears and was indeed bleeding. So I researched it and starting walking to help with digestion, I take mirilax everyday, and I drink more water. But every once in awhile I still bleed and honestly sometimes it feels like I'm having muscle spasms. The itching is minor but the pain is almost always there after a bowel movement or if I've been sitting for awhile. Any ideas to help would be much appreciated. I also still get some pain with taking mirilax. Also, what is the best way to clean myself after a bowel movement? How does this heal when feces gets on it on a daily basis? Help!!!!!
Superdad

Topics: 1

Re: New here

Postby dent1 » 21 Oct 2013, 01:40

Hi If you can the best way to clean is using a shower head. If you have a bidet that would work but I found the best way was to gently remove excess stool with soft paper - very gently and then sit on side of bath and use warm water and shower. Then pat dry gently withsoft toilet paper - if very sore then a hair dryer is good. If out and about I carry a tube of aloe vera lotion with me and apply with soft loo paper and then remove with more paper. Much better than dry loo paper or wet wipes for me.
dent1
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: New here

Postby revma3 » 21 Oct 2013, 19:49

Best way to clean ur self is by keeping a watering can by your toilet, after you finish, fill can with warm water and rinse off down there, then use cotton balls or gauze to dab and dry and ensure you are clean. I take a water bottle with me to public bathrooms and fill it up with warm water diacreetly and ensure I wash and wipe each time. Good luck and happy healing!
revma3
Salt Bather

Topics: 1