New here! :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here! :)

Postby bumbumsong » 14 Jun 2015, 23:06

Hello all! I'm Kat, new here with some bum problems. :).

I've had a hemorrhoid for years, he's named Gilbert Grape since he gets grape sized when I'm having a bad flare. I have IBS and multiple food allergies. I'm on a ton of medication for asthma and an autoimmune disorder as well. I think my body loves being very disorganized lol!

I've had multiple fissures here and there but this last one, man she's a piece of work. I name all my fissures Amy Fissure (like Amy Fisher of the 1990s).

Amy is flaring quite bad the past weeks and I'm not getting any healing so I found this group and wanted to say hello! :thanx: For a good place to talk about our bums! :)
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: New here! :)

Postby msimon » 15 Jun 2015, 02:17

Welcome to the forum Kat! I love how you have a sense of humour about your ailments. It's a great coping mechanism I am sure. What have you tried to heal your hemmie and fissures? How do you manage your IBS (I have this too)? Have you been under the care of a Doctor (particularly a CRS-colorectal surgeon)?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby bumbumsong » 15 Jun 2015, 04:33

msimon wrote:Welcome to the forum Kat! I love how you have a sense of humour about your ailments. It's a great coping mechanism I am sure. What have you tried to heal your hemmie and fissures? How do you manage your IBS (I have this too)? Have you been under the care of a Doctor (particularly a CRS-colorectal surgeon)?

Thanks! Humor gets me through. I'm weird already so hey, might as well name the weird things that happen to me lol!

Hemmie looks okay ( I went to the doc today for the pain, was tired of home treating for 2 weeks). I try to poop with my feet elevated and not eat too much dairy or foods I'm allergic to. That has helped a bunch.

I'm trying a new medicine for the fissure that also treats IBD, vi-siblin. It's sorbital and ispaghula
together. I also take lactulose to be regular since it doesn't give you lazy bowel and you can take it often. I am using xylocaine 2% for the pain, the doc said to use it before and after pooping.

IBS honestly, I tried to eat lower residue diet and it helped for flareups. I got off birth control and that helped a ton. I eat stuff I'm not allergic to and that helps as well. Also using baby wipes after I poop.

I have to get a reference to one but I saw a GP today. In Finland we can't pick our own doctors :D lol.

Thanks! :)

Kat
bumbumsong
Salt Bather

Postby Fissurefrustration » 15 Jun 2015, 11:36

Hey Kat welcome! Thanks for spreading some smiles here :-) it's hard to remember there is life outside my loo and I used to love to laugh too. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!) looking forward to seeing you on the forums

Ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby bumbumsong » 16 Jun 2015, 09:56

Fissurefrustration wrote:Hey Kat welcome! Thanks for spreading some smiles here :-) it's hard to remember there is life outside my loo and I used to love to laugh too. (I'm a poet and I didn't know it!) looking forward to seeing you on the forums

Ff x

Hi! :D lol :D

Looking forward to seeing you too!

Amen to that, I never thought I'd have to think about my rear end this much lol!

Kat :constipated:
bumbumsong
Salt Bather