Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New Member

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jan 2007, 08:18

Try the Epsom salt, if you like! Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) is chemically not the same as table salt (Sodium Chloride) and won't sting.
Remember from eighth grade science....there are lots of "salts" each with different chemical properties.
My wife convinced me I need to try it and I did. It didn't sting but it didn't dissolve well, either. I felt like I was sitting in sand! I didn't get any results, but then, I only used it once!
Hugh :alien:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2007, 09:33

Well...the 8th grade was a long time ago!! I will try it next bath. I take 3 baths a day still.
I notice that with healing it is like you can make progress and then regress. Or you can feel better but then not notice any improvement for awhile. I guess the healing for me is different because surgery is the last resort. I have read the surgery boards and that surgery really seems like a Godsend!
There was a little less pain today with going to the bathroom but still having some bleeding! I wonder how long that is going to last? I would love to get rid of this swollen skin tag too.
Hope you are having a good day!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Jan 2007, 11:26

Well, It's YOU I am hoping are having a good day! Sounds like, "so far so good!" :bounce:
Do NOT worry about the bleeding, unless you are sure it is a copious amount. I read somewhere that one drop can turn your toilet water red.
As an ex-EMT, I know from experience that a little blood looks like a LOT!
I also found, as you are finding (especially today) there is no relationship between bleeding and pain. I rarely bled much from my fissure, but sometimes I'd have BMs with a good deal of blood yet have no real pain from that particular BM. Next time you get a paper cut or something minor, try smearing a drop or two on some toilet paper, you may be surprised at how much it "seems" to be!
You can still be healing even though there is some blood present. That is what was going on with me last week. This week I don't seem to have any blood, and Lordy, my butt feels so NORMAL again (save the itch, which isn't so bad lately!)
As I've warned others (again, from my own experience) avoid any blood-thinning meds and foods, like aspirin and Kiwi.
Again, so Image happy Image to hear your having another good day!
Hugh :cyclops:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Jan 2007, 09:24

That is good to know that the amount of blood I am seeing isn't like I am hemorrhaging or anything. I bled today and had a few clots come with it but it wasn't as painful to go this time.
So you are still bleeding some and itching? That has got to be aggravating!
I wanted to ask about the diliatazem cream I am using. It says to keep refrigerated but I usually forget during the day but then put it in overnight. Do you know if this stuff degrades without refrigeration? I need to do a better job!
These emoticons are so funny. I don't know what emotion they are all representing but my four year old who often peers over while I am typing likes to look at them and copy their expressions!
Have a great weekend,
Lecia :geek:

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Jan 2007, 16:10

So you are still bleeding some and itching? That has got to be aggravating!
Actually, the bleeding seems to have stopped entirely now for well over a week! Image The itching is MUCH better, also!! Image
I wanted to ask about the diliatazem cream I am using. It says to keep refrigerated but I usually forget during the day but then put it in overnight. Do you know if this stuff degrades without refrigeration? I need to do a better job!
Really, no...I was never told to refrigerate the nefedepine. I can relate to forgetting and leaving it out, you sound like me! Image I wouldn't worry too much about it, it probably lost some potency, that's all.

These emoticons are so funny. I don't know what emotion they are all representing but my four year old who often peers over while I am typing likes to look at them and copy their expressions!

:bom: :bom:
If you hover the mouse cursor over each one you'll get a pop-up that shows what each one represents Image :pirat: :clown: Image
Have a great weekend,
You too, and a pain-free one, I hope!
Hugh :cat:
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Jan 2007, 12:50

I am having a rough day today! I think I have pinpointed the problem so hopefully just changing this will help. I take fish oil supplements and borage and flax seed oil. I increased the amount I was taking because of the anti-inflammatory properties and I had a pretty loose stool this morning. It wasn't diarrhea but it was loose enough that I think it irritated the fissure. That is the only difference in my routine I can think of.
What do you think?
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Jan 2007, 15:43

How much of the flax seed oild and fish oil did you take? I only take one cap per day.
Loose stools were my worst enemy. Image They burn! You can try leaving the omegas off, or reducing the quantity. I still take 'em and I don't think they've caused a loose stool for me, but you may certainly be different.
Milk of magnesia, milk, dairy, and cantalopes were bad about causing loose BMs for me.
But tonight I indulge...Oyster stew, the first I had in almost a year (I love oysters!). My fingers will be crossed in the morning!
Hugh
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2007, 12:46

I haven't posted on my progress in awhile because I guess it is slow and the pain is still pretty constant althought the intensity is better. I feel like a broken record!
The doctor last week did say it was healing and I am so thankful for that. Even though it is smaller it still hurts like you know what! It is amazing something that small can hurt so bad. She said to keep with the dialitzem and baths for another month and then its time to snip off the sentinel pile.
I am trying to focus on the progress though and not get too impatient!
Hope everyone else is hanging in there!
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Feb 2009, 13:42

Keep focusing, Tootylebums...you have come so far!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 27 Feb 2009, 13:43

I see what you are doing, Kim!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46