Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby happyass » 16 Aug 2008, 17:49

well you can surely thank macrobiotics for the japanese living to be in the 100s. at least their diet follows some of it and for some others, all of it.
:-)
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Aug 2008, 18:05

EXACTLY !!!! That is what I am trying to convey - smoking and drinking can do no harm in moderation if combined with great food and less stressful lifestyle !!! There is so much more toxins in water, air and sprayed vegetables and fruits and all those hormones and antibiotics force-fed to animals that smoking is just minuscule thing in the whole picture.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 17 Aug 2008, 02:05

Fissulyna: I don't smoke and I live in Europe, and very few of my friends do. But I really agree with you, moderation is the way to go. I think wine, good food and other things that are considered to be "bad" are actually good for you when used in a moderate way.
Europe is getting "fatter" as it is influenced by "the American lifestyle". Britain for example has a the biggest amount of clinically obese people in Europe (according to health guru Gillian Mc Keith). But I guess they cannot only blame the USA for that, it might be their famous fish n'chips, and what they eat in general. (Have some of you seen Gillians TV shows?).
The French people are still quite thin, but they eat a lot of healthy food, a lot of vegetables, etc. It is strange to see the difference between the French and the Italians, the Italians loving their pasta and pizza - and it shows on them, esp. when they are over their first youth.
Obesity is an increasing problem in Norway as well, even among youngsters.
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 04:38

Hey Corsi Image
Really pleased things are moving on swiftly for you !
Good luck for Tuesday
x
I have often wondered how many smokers we have on this board ??
I smoke and worry more about the effects it has on my lungs !
Smoking can delay wound healing too ! Image

Postby cherylk » 17 Aug 2008, 07:20

We all have choices as to what substances we choose to put into our bodies--it's called free will!!
By the way, Corsica, many in the US are upset about Bush and the Iraq was as well as people who don't live here!! As for visiting the US, the east coast (southeast US) is quite nice also. But I like California and there are lots of other interesting places in between!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 08:55

How much do you smoke, Tabby?
I smoked half a pack a day for about 5-6 years. I am sure we all have habits that we wouldn't mind changing.

Anyone else a smoker or past smoker?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2008, 09:42

I am an ex-smoker....
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 17 Aug 2008, 11:13

I know that cherylk :) , it's called democracy. The sitting government "never"/very seldom represent 100% of the people in a country, and we are very aware that's the situation in the USA as well. That is, unless one lived in Iraq during S. Hussein's reign, when the turnout at elections actually were 100% :) - not!
Have never smoked on a daily basis, buy when I was young I did it to be "cool" Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Aug 2008, 11:32

The southeast is nice, but it's a huge country and I haven't seen much of it myself!!
When 9/11 happened, the whole world stood with us and mourned with the US, but then to see all that goodwill vanish down the drain just two years later was horrific for many if not most Americans.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 12:35

Hi Lecia & Kim Image
Hope that you are both well today !
I take my hat off to you both for kicking the habit, its not an easy thing to give up ! :roll:
I smoke around 10 cigarettes per day but I am trying to be good for the upcoming G/A Image
I like my cigs in the morning time they are part of my routine !!!! :flush: