New mom, not new to fissures..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

New mom, not new to fissures..

Postby Newmom14 » 22 Sep 2012, 10:19

Hello Everyone,
I have been creeping around for a few months..finally decided to join you!
I am 26yr old wife and mom to a beautiful 6 month old baby girl.
I have been battling a fissure at the 12 o'clock position for 2.5 years now. It was brought on by years of hard bms and dehydration.
Despite cutting out wheat, increasing fiber, fruit + veggies and water, plus using MOM each night...I keep suffering from recurrences.
Happened about 1/month after a hard tipped stool. Always minor bleeding and pain, and would heal up in a few days to a week with conservative measures.
Surprisingly, it was actually very tame during pregnancy, must have been the increase in hormones doing good for the skin (I am fair and have delicate skin down there as it is)
However, about a month post postpartum, with dehydration secondary to nursing I think, it tore very badly. bleed a lot and took almost 2 weeks to heal. At 3 months post postpartum, same thing and this time I developed a small perianal abscess as a result of the large fissure that required antibiotics.
That was June, and I have been doing great since then until a week ago. Not a bad tear this time but I have noticed the old abscess sight is a bit tender and slightly raised. I'm worried it will get infected again :(
I am not opposed to surgery, however the general surgeon I seen was against it as I had a 2nd degree tear during labour and he says I am at higher risk of complications due to my birth injury being so close to the fissure.
Does anyone have experience with LIS after giving birth? How about giving birth after LIS? We would like to have another baby someday.
How about a perianal abscess resulting from a fissure?
Any feedback is appreciated :)
Newmom14

Topics: 1