New to forum but have visited many times.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to forum but have visited many times.

Postby ange63 » 06 Dec 2012, 04:09

Hi
I have suffered with AF on and off since 2005 but since January 2012 I have had AF constantly. I also have a jolly sentinel pile and did have skin tags too.
I had to take two months off work and even when I went back they had to work round me (not good in a primary school). I had emense pain when going to the toilet but the worst was the pain I continued to have for hours after, no pain killer seems to help. I was given diltiazem and that seemed to work after a while to ease the pain I suffered and although it didn't entirely heal the AF, I did get my life back and was coping with the discomfort (which is what it had become). My GP sent me to a surgeon and she suggested botox. I went for this surgery on 9th November and having been reassured by the surgeon it wouldn't be painful, had the skin tags removed too!
Well, it is now 5 weeks on and I have been in incredible pain and still am. The surgeon has obviously made the AF worse and I am now waiting to see my GP again because I am fed up with not being able to sit down until 4pm each day! And fed up with the severe pain again. My poor husband has to deal with me crying every day about going to the toilet. I don't have a life again and its getting me down, I even counted out my tablets last weekend because I didn't think I could cope with a life time of pain. I get up to go to the toilet in the morning, I then have pain until it eases slightly about 7pm just in time for me to think about getting ready for bed just to start the day of pain the next morning. Sorry to go on because I know there are people so much worse off than me but when you are in such pain you cannot see an end to it. Especially when you held out so much hope on the surgery working and it has just made it worse!!
ange63

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum but have visited many times.

Postby owmybum » 06 Dec 2012, 04:47

Hi ange63,
I can sympathise with you totally.. The pain is so debilitating... It gets to us all in the end. I also feel sorry for my long suffering husband who has to see me in tears on a regular basis... But that's what they are there for!
My whole af. Ordeal started with hem banding and tag removal..so I can see how you feel it has made things a whole lot worse.
Are you using a stool softener? Drinking lots of water to keep things soft helps some too. Relaxing in the bath helps a bit, but I understand its not always possible when you have work all day.
I have recently had a very bad anxiety episode relating to my fissure, but thankfully anti depressants have got me back on track. If you are feeling suicidal I would urge you to go to the docs and get some help...you will be able to cope so much better.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby ange63 » 06 Dec 2012, 05:13

Hi OMB
I have been taking Movicol for the past year and drink alot of water each day and have found this to be very good at keeping my stool soft. I go regularly every morning but am on toilet for an hour, I then have a salt bath (I am currently off work again!). i can't sit down until about 4pm so walk around the house or stand and watch tv. I sometimes lay down but that isn't too comfortable either.
I have to keep medication to a minimum because I have to take warfarin due to previous heart surgery and some things interfere with it.
Thank you for your reply though, this site does help you realise that you are not alone.
ange63

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 06 Dec 2012, 07:42

I feel so sorry for your discomfort, but you are not alone, this board prove that is many, many of us from different backgrounds that are suffering with this problem.
You nail it when you said that "you cope with it" yes as I am writting this post I just got a BM and the pain is there, just like you, wake up feeling fine, then the BM comes around and is starts all over again.
In my case I take the mineral oil, coconut oil, before going to bed I insert a supporsitory of vitamin E and coconut oil, with the prescribed nitro cream, BMs are soft and oily but still the lingering irritation and pain after makes you think that no matter what you do, you can not get away from it.
I take one day at a time and seriously thinking about having surgery. You are not alone, remember that.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8