New to forum fissure sufferer with prostatitis

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New to forum fissure sufferer with prostatitis

Postby Oldfordlover » 03 Aug 2023, 20:54

Yes I never had any noticeable discharge either. He said it was a fissure that was healed in the middle and both ends slightly open. One just inside and one just outside. I am afraid to do the surgery as it will really swell my prostate up and I won't b able to urinate! That was last Summer when they did the colonospacy and eua. It feels alot different now no intense itching and better all around. I still have the dang tightness and if I do anything it really acts it up. May I ask what the ointments caused as far as side effects for you? I was wondering if you may also have a small fistula that formed.
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Fred55 » 03 Aug 2023, 21:40

I used to use Dilitiazem but it gave me skin irritation or even small hems/lumps that drlisappeared after I stopped using, no other side effects. It didn't help much relaxing my sphincter muscle but I never used for long period of time. You mentioned intense itching, did it happen after you got fissure? The way you described in your case they saw a suoerfacial fistula or even just a fissure that healed at the middle right?
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Oldfordlover » 03 Aug 2023, 22:40

Yes crs said superficial fistula had formed or so he could best determine at the time. Now it would itch bad for about a year following the onset of the fissure but now that is gone past few months so i am thinking its better but still other pain. It really acts up post bm for like the rest of the day. I just have to push so hard most times I think i just keep injuring it. Now back to the diltz ointment I noticed a lump just inside after starting it and kinda feels like my spinchtor is hanging out at times is that kinda what you were experiencing? Do u use any other creams at all? I would like to stop using it but seems I get to dry so need to use something to wane off I think. Thank you for replying thus far I hope we can get our sh!t figured out this is no way to live!
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Oldfordlover » 27 Sep 2023, 09:50

Fred55 have you figured anything out yet?
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict