New to forum fissure sufferer with prostatitis

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New to forum fissure sufferer with prostatitis

Postby Oldfordlover » 04 Jan 2023, 23:58

Hi I am a 40yo male I have suffered from chronic prostatitis for 27 years and have had mild fissures over the years that would heal quickly without treatment. Last February I got a VERY painfull fissure after a bad bm I pushed to hard on. Leading up to this I had been having a difficult time passing urine and feelings of rectal fullness I attributed to my prostatitis but was worse than its ever been. I did not know at the time it was a fissure and gp thought hemorrhoid and I went on in pain for a few months till crs visit. There they tried annoscope and it tore me open more and couldn't get a good look so went in for colonospacy under anesthesia. There he found a fissure partially scarred over in the middle said looked like a fistula formed under that. I tried diltz cream for like 6 months now some improvement but still not good. The crs plan is fissurectomy and botox. I am afraid on how my prostatitis will react to that! I also have been having terrible pelvic floor issues since this fissure. Anyone have anything similar or offer any advice I just don't know what to do! I have trouble passing bm and even just gas for that matter!
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: New to forum fissure sufferer with prostatitis

Postby Fred55 » 31 Jul 2023, 16:53

Hi Oldfordlover,
I suffer from similar issues. Mine started with fissure symptoms though doctors couldn't find any fissure. I suffer from tightness and straining during the BM. My main complaint is pain when sitting. Do you have a pain triggered by sitting that gradually build up till you stand up for relief? I wonder my issues are prostate related though MRI scans and PSA were all normal.
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Oldfordlover » 31 Jul 2023, 18:40

Hi Fred55 I have read your posts and was hoping you would reply. I have very similar symptoms as you but not necessarily pain when sitting. I mean I do have a very hard time when driving in a car or sitting on a motorcycle and completely forget bicycling! But just sitting in a chair isn't terrible. My main issue is when I lift or bend over alot it really acts up or even walking alot. I can tell when the Prostate swells up its very hard to pass a BM I really have to push and that is not good. Then it is much more painfull to sit as well. I have found some relief in doing the deep chest breathing and some of the pelvic floor stretching.
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Fred55 » 31 Jul 2023, 19:50

Oldfordlover,
It's good to hear from you. I have the same issues. It all started around 2 years ago. The fissure symptoms and bleeding went away after few weeks but the sitting pain and tightness has remained and totally disrupted my life. Have you got any solid medical confirmation that you have prostatitis? I mean it might be just pelvic floor and sphincter muscle tightness. I never had these issues before. Since few years ago I experienced very mild and occasional weak stream and straining during urination but nothing that convince me I'm dealing with a bad prostate! every PSA and UTI test I've had was normal. Also 2 pelvic MRIs showed normal prostate size. I'm hopeless! Anyway, I'll have a transrectal ultrasound in a couple weeks and hope it shed some light on potential prostate problems.
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Oldfordlover » 31 Jul 2023, 21:04

Yes I have been diagnosed with prostitus almost 30 years ago. The psa and urine tests are always normal as is the size of the prostate. It just gets irritated/imflamed by movement pressure certain foods etc. Stress is also a huge trigger for me. Like you my fissure was about a year and a half ago and only had a little blood a time or two. I do have a burn sting while and after bm do you?
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Fred55 » 31 Jul 2023, 21:35

Yes I do have stinging and burning occasionally and mostly post BM. It's interesting that around 16 yrs ago I had bouts of fissure symptoms and mostly burning sensation. No fissure was found and was diagnosed Anusitus. I was told it's diet related and I could fix it after a few months. Now all this started the same way , but this sitting pain and tightness is totally new and is my main issue. To be honest the fissure/Anusitus issues were totally random and bearable. I use Metamucil and Magnesium powder which help me with my BMs, but for the pain I'm totally clueless what to do! Maybe I have to get a DRE by a urologist to rule out prostatitis? Do you use any muscle relaxant or antidepressants?
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Fred55 » 31 Jul 2023, 21:59

Forgot to ask you if you've done any pelvic MRI? If not, it's worth doing one as it can catch anything going on inside. Though you probably have passed the diagnosis stage as you said you've figured it since 30 yrs ago. That in itself is somehow relieving as opposed to my case that I even don't know what I'm dealing with! Sucks totally!
Fred55
Salt Bather

Postby Oldfordlover » 03 Aug 2023, 15:15

Hi Fred
No I haven't ever had a pelvic mri suggested. I have always wondered about that. I have never been prescribed muscle relaxants either. Urologists are not very helpful ever! They just say live with it. I had a scope a few years after it started and they just said the prostate and bladder were inflamed. My unbearable butt issues started about a year and a half ago like you it was manageable prior to that. I think possibly the fissure is causing the prostate to flare up as mine is on the anterior midling so very close to the prostate. Have you had anoscope done? I just cannot tolerate it they did 2 x and tore me up bad it hurts like he'll and my spinchtor must clamp down without my permission.
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Oldfordlover » 03 Aug 2023, 15:23

Fred are you using any diltz or nitro creams at all?
Oldfordlover
Fibre Addict

Postby Fred55 » 03 Aug 2023, 19:46

I've had colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy. None found nothing! I've stopped using ointments since long time ago as they started to do more harm than good.
I read in your posts your CRS suspected fistula? What symptoms you have for that? I sometimes suspect that's what I'm having burried inside but I have never any discharge or bleeding.
Fred55
Salt Bather